Practices worked at
Dr Michael Beckles is a Consultant Respiratory and General Physician with a special interest in lung cancer and sarcoidosis. He was named as one of the top respiratory physicians in the Tatler Guide to Private Practice in the UK in 2013.
Dr Beckles completed his undergraduate training at the University of Manchester and his postgraduate training was in Manchester and London. He was appointed as Consultant Physician at the Royal Free Hospital in 2001.
Dr Beckles has held clinical leadership positions in acute medicine, bronchoscopy, and lung cancer and he is the Chair of the Wellington Hospital Respiratory Group. He has also co-chaired the Harley Street Clinic Lung Cancer MDT.
Dr Beckles has an interest in medical research and education and he has contributed to national and international guidelines on the management of lung cancer. He is also actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Pneumonia treatment
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment
- Sarcoidosis treatment
- Lung cancer screening and diagnosis
- Pulmonary embolism treatment
- Management of pneumothorax (collapsed lung)
- Lung cancer
- Interventional bronchoscopy
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pleural disease
- Asbestos-related lung disease
- General medicine
- BSc (Hons) University of Manchester 1987
- MB ChB University of Manchester 1990
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2006
- Cambridge Chest Medicine Course, Kings College Cambridge 2018
- GMC registration
Mike and I have worked alongside eachother at Royal Free Hospital and in private practice for many years, providing a united approach to conditions that traverse the upper and lower airway, particularly chronic cough. As such, Mike is naturally one of my go-to-guys for any ENT patient of mine that needs an expert respiratory opinion ... and he always delivers!