Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Dr Aruna Arujuna is a Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist based at the Lancashire Cardiac Centre (LCC). He specialises in the management of Heart Rhythm Conditions performing Catheter Ablations and Device Implants and maintains an interest in the role of Imaging in Electrophysiology and Advanced Pacing.
Dr Arujuna first qualified in 2001 with his MB ChB from the University of Bristol before going on to become a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2006.
Following this, he joined Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital where he began his research and clinical trainining in Cardiology and Electrophysiology. During this time, Dr Arujuna worked within a research team developing clinical workflows involving cross-sectional fusion imaging for procedural guidance.
Dr Arujuna uses an integrated approach to treat his patients and believes in tailoring treatments to fit a particular patient's needs and to ensure the best outcome is attained.
- Catheter Ablation
- 24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitor
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac Re-synchronisation Therapy
- Defibrillator Implantation
- ECG Monitor
- Exercise Stress Test
- Implantable Loop Recorder (ILR)
- Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD)
- Cardiac Pacing
- Pacemaker Surgery
- Video Consultation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain
- Atrial Flutter
- Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT)
- Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat)
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Long QT Syndrome
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Loss of Consciousness (Syncope)