Dr. Ian Nnatu is a well-respected Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist practising at Priory Hospital North London and for the NHS at Charing Cross Hospital London. He was featured in the 2019 & 2020 power list as one of the most influential black people in the UK. With over 20 years’ experience, Dr. Nnatu’s expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of psychiatric and mental health disorders enables him to provide first-class care. He has a special clinical interest in depression, anxiety, stress and addictions. He is one of a few Consultant Psychiatrists trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) providing a holistic and tailored approach to treatment.
He graduated with a Medical Degree in 1994 and completed an extensive training scheme in psychiatry, along with a postgraduate Diploma in CBT in 2006. He was awarded the prestigious Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, where he is also the Public Engagement Officer of the London Division and has recently completed a Master’s Degree in Healthcare Leadership from the NHS Leadership Academy. Dr. Nnatu is involved in medical education as an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London and offers courses and seminars to healthcare professionals to keep them up to date in the latest findings and treatments available.
- MBBS Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Lagos 1994
- MRCPsych Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists 2002
- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London 2006
- FRCPsych Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists 2013
- MSc Master of Science in Healthcare Leadership NHS Leadership Academy 2018