Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Mr Shahrier Sarker is a Consultant Orthopaedic Hand & Wrist Surgeon based at Broomfield Hospital. He has a keen interest in implant design, medical education, new surgical techniques and research.
He graduated from the National University of Singapore and always wanted to pursue a career in Orthopaedic Surgery. After moving to the UK in 2009, he completed his Trauma & Orthopaedic Training in Health Education East of England having worked in prestigious units such as Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and The Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital. He then undertook a highly sought after fellowship at Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust learning complex management of elective and trauma hand & wrist surgery under the tutelage of both orthopaedic and plastic hand surgeons.
He has a Masters in Orthopaedic Engineering and is currently completing the British Society for Hand Surgery Diploma in Hand Surgery.
He is very active in charity work and is currently part of the executive committee for the BSSH Overseas Project in Bangladesh where he is working with local surgeons to help develop hand surgery as a speciality.
He is an avid educator and currently teaches on many courses for junior surgeons. He is also the educational lead for orthopaedics for medical students from QMUL and ARU at Broomfield Hospital. He teaches on courses at Royal College of Surgeons of England and is a faculty member of the Advanced Trauma Life Support course and the Excellence in Sugical Supervision course.
He has recently been awarded a BSSH funded position for the British Orthoapedic Association Future Leaders Programme where he is developing a complex wrist unit at Mid & South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
He has written a book chapter on Thumb injuries and condtions, has numerous publications in scientific journals, has presented at conferences nationally and internationally.
In his spare time, he enjoys cycling, football, cooking and performing arts with his wife, son and daughter.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Hand Joint Replacement and Fusions
- Hand and Wrist Tendon Repairs and Transfers
- Trigger Finger Release
- Dupuytren's Disease Surgery
- Nerve Entrapment Surgery - Carpal Tunnel, Cubital Tunnel & Guyon Canal Decompression
- Ganglion Cyst Removal
- Scaphoid Fractures and Non-Union Surgery
- 1st CMC Joint Replacement
- Wrist Fracture/Malunion Correction
- Wrist Replacement
- Wrist Total and Partial Fusions
- Wrist and Thumb Denervation
- Wrist and Carpus Revascularization Procedures
- Hand and Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
- Ulnar Shortening Procedures
- Steroid Injections
- Arthritis of the small joints of the hand
- Base of thumb arthrtis
- Wrist arthritis
- Kienbock's Disease
- Scaphoid Fractures
- Nerve Entrapment Disorders
- Wrist Ligament and Tendon Injuries
- Dupuytren's Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Decompression
- Finger Joint Replacement
- Tendon Repair
- External Fixation Devices
- Fracture Fixation Surgery
- Ganglion Cyst Removal
- Joint Fusion (Hand)
- Joint Fusion (Wrist)
- Joint Injection
- Lunate Replacement
- Postoperative Rehabilitation
- Rheumatoid Hand Surgery
- Steroid Injection
- Tendon Repair (Hand)
- Video Consultation
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- Wrist Replacement
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Arthritis (Hand)
- Trigger Finger
- Finger Injury
- Hand Extensor Tendon Injuries
- Arthritis (Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Deformities
- Hand Flexor Tendon Injuries
- Hand Fractures
- Hand Injury
- Hand Pain
- Hand Problems
- Kienbock’s Disease
- Mallet Finger
- Sports Injuries
- Tendon Injuries
- Wrist Fractures
- MBBS - National University of Singapore – 2006
- MRCS - Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) - 2009
- MSc Orthopaedic Engineering - Cardiff University - 2017
- FRCS (Tr & Ortho) – Royal College of Surgeons in England - 2018
"A capable hand surgeon offering the full breadth of options "
"Wrist Arthroscopy, Fracture Fixation Surgery, Kienbock’s Disease Arthritis (Wrist) Osteoarthritis, Hand problems"
"I worked with Shahrier at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital. He is a valued colleague and skilled surgeon with a great bedside manner. "
"I work closely with Mr Shah Sarker As a colleague in hand surgery. He is well trained in all aspects of hand surgery and a good decision maker with good technical skills"