Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Dr Ravi Misra is a luminal gastroenterologist with a specialist interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
He qualified from Imperial College in London in 2005 and undertook specialist training in the North West Thames London rotation. He has completed a fellowship in advanced endoscopy at St Mark’s Hospital and is skilled at diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
He took time out of his training to pursue a PhD on the impact of ethnicity on epidemiology, metabolic and microbial profiling. He has collaborated with the Centre for Digestive Health at Imperial College to study how the microbiome changes in IBD. He also has an interest in the impact of diet in newly diagnosed patients with IBD. Dr Misra’s research has provided him with the opportunity to present at international conferences and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr Misra sees all aspects of gastrointestinal disorders in outpatients as well as a specialist IBD clinic.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Colitis (ulcerative colitis)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Functional bowel disease
- Diet and inflammatory bowel disease
- Endoscopy (OGD)
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Gastric (Stomach) Ulcers
- Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD)
- Coeliac Disease
- Functional Bowel Disease