Mr Chong is a skilled and experienced oncoplastic breast surgeon in North London. His NHS base hospitals include St Albans City Hospital and Watford General Hospital. His practice includes a team consisting of the most experienced specialist oncologist, radiologist and pathologist in North London.
For patients with breast symptoms i.e. breast lumps, an early appointment at his Rapid Diagnosis Clinic appointment can be arranged. His clinic is equipped with same-day 3D mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy facilities and patients will be provided with a breast diagnosis by the end of the clinic appointment.
For newly-diagnosed breast cancer patients, Mr Chong can provide a prompt date for surgery, if required. He works closely with his multidisciplinary team to provide the most up-to-date treatment. Treatment plan is routinely tailored according to the needs and preferences of his patients. His patients are also well supported by an excellent team of dedicated breast care nurses.
Mr Chong practices oncoplastic breast surgery. This is a surgical approach which combines both breast cancer surgery with plastics and reconstructive techniques to optimize the cosmetic effects of breast cancer surgery. His skillsets includes implant-based breast reconstructions, breast reductions for symmetry and lipomodelling (fat grafting) to correct lumpectomy defects. He works closely with plastic surgeons to provide autologous DIEP reconstructions for patients.
For young breast cancer patients who require chemotherapy and are interested in Fertility Preservation, Mr Chong has an established links with a North London Fertility Specialist to provide options such as IVF and Ovarian Tissue Preservations. Together, they provide effective and efficient coordination of breast cancer treatment and fertility treatment. Young breast cancer patients will be well-supported and provided with gentle guidance through this process.
Breast cancer patients in his follow-up regime are provided with comprehensive care package by his support team. This includes:
For patients and relatives whom are keen gene (BRCA1/2) mutation testing and obtain
accurate their breast cancer risk calculation.
1. Scar Therapy:
Provided by an accomplished, certified Scar Therapist from RESTORE to reduce the effects of surgery and radiotherapy i.e. pain and tissue stiffness
2. Rehabilitation Exercise:
Delivered by a Pink Ribbon Post Exercise-certified specialist to help improve arm and joint mobility after breast and axillary surgery
For frozen shoulder and axillary cording
For hot flushes (as a result of endocrine treatment) and joint pains
5. Menopausal Clinic:
To help reduce the effects of endocrine treatment
For an appointment, please contact his secretary, Miss Abby Marlow on 0208 9500534.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Wide Local Excision
- Simple Mastectomy
- Excision Biopsy
- Wire Localised Excision
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- Axillary Block Dissection/Clearance
- Breast reconstructions : using Implants, Acellular Dermal Matrices, Latissimus-Dorsi Flaps
- Nipple reconstruction
- Corrective surgery: lipomodelling of lumpectomy defects, breast reduction/augmentation for symmetry
- Total Duct Excision /Microdochectomy
- Aesthetic Breast Surgery - Breast Reduction mammoplasty,Breast Augmentation using Implant or Fat Grafting, Breast Lipomodelling
- Management of breast pain after breast surgery- i.e. scar massage therapist referral, acupuncturist referral, local anaesthetic plaster, injection of steroid+ local anaesthetics
- Post-surgical rehabilitation - physiotherapy, rehabilitation therapist Pink Ribbon Certified Therapist
- Breast cancer risk assessment through genetic testing and risk assessment software
- Glasgow University - Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, MCChB - 2000
Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, FRCS (General Surgery) - 2012
General Medical Council:
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) - 2012
- Entry into Specialist Register - June 2013
University of London
- Doctor of Medicine, MD - 2010
- Association of Breast Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Royal society of Medicine