Practices worked at
Mr Chris Blick is a Consultant Urological Surgeon based at The Forbury Clinic offering clinics in London and Berkshire. Following his graduation, he was awarded a fellowship grant by The Royal College of Surgeons, The Urology Foundation and UCare to support a 3-year full time laboratory based scientific research into kidney and bladder cancer. His finding has been published extensively throughout clinical and scientific literature and upon completion of his thesis he was awarded a DPhil (PhD) by Christ Church, University of Oxford.
He undertook his specialist urological training in the Oxford deanery before its completion with a British Association of Urological Surgeons Fellowship to the Keck Institute of Medicine, University of Southern California, USA. This was completed under the tuition of world renowned Professor Inderbir Gill, a pioneer and international leader of robotic renal and bladder surgery. During his training period he was nominated by his peers as Chairman of the Specialist Urology Registrars Group (SURG) where he represented the UK and Irish specialist urological trainees/residents over a 3-year chairmanship.
He has a specialist interest in urological cancers, in particular laparoscopic and robotic renal and bladder surgery. He is also highly skilled in general and diagnostic urology
- Diagnostic procedures for prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancers
- Treatment of benign prostate conditions including Urolift and TURP
- Prostate biopsies including MRI fusion biopsies under general and local anaesthetic
- Diagnostic procedures for male and female bladder overactivity
- Injections for male and female bladder conditions
- Diagnostic and therapeutic treatments for urinary tract infections and prostatitis
- Keyhole and Da Vinci robotic surgery for urological conditions including bladder, renal and upper tract cancers
- Male Sterilisation (Vasectomy)
- Investigation and treatment of cancers of the bladder, kidney, prostate and testicles
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy
- Robotic Pyeloplasty
- Investigation and minimally invasive treatment of male and female urinary symptoms
- Treatments for an enlarged prostate including UROLIFT
- Minimally invasive and Da Vinci robotic surgery
- Investigations of haematuria (Blood in urine) and haematospermia (Blood in semen)
- Management of male and female urinary tract infections
- Elevated PSA
- PUJ obstruction
- General problems related to Penis / Scrotum
- Diagnostic Urology
- Chronic pelvic and testicular pain
- Urinary incontinence (leakage of urine)
No show , really angry.
Mr Chris Blick
Please accept our sincere apologies for the error made by a temporary member of staff. We are sorry you had a wasted trip. Mr Blick would like to offer a free consultation to compensate for our administration error. We will ensure this does not happen again.
As previous comments. Excellent.
As described in previous comments. Very professional. Great ‘bedside manner’.
Mr Blick is an excellent consultant, went out of his way to contact me out of hours to check how things were progressing and made sure I was feeling ok before I left. His support really helped in making me feel a lot better.
Explained well and very reassuring
Very thorough. Every aspect of surgery explained and all my questions answered in such a way as I felt comfortable and confident in what was going to happen. The turnaround of surgery was quick and I was visited by Mr Blick with results the following morning. Highly recommended clinic.
Mr Blick has been brilliant and has helped me feel at ease about the procedure I had and during the aftercare. He has been very knowledgeable and helpful about any questions or concerns I have had.
Great doctor! Was patient and explained everything very well throughout our consultation. Would throughly recommend.
I can’t recommend this gentleman enough. His manner and explanation regarding the procedure was superb.
Mr Blick has been great and has worked hard at understanding the symptoms and offering different options of treatment to find the more suitable one. I felt very well supported on each consultation with him. He is also easy to talk to and has a very nice manner about him.
Mr Blick and his team did a great job with my father. My father had been having problem with urinary problem; his condition was worsened by an increasingly growing scrotal swelling which had restricted his social life. But thanks to Mr Blick and his team my father is a new man now. My father and the whole family were very impressed by the professionalism of the staff at The Urology unit and Berkshire Independent Hospital.
Mr Blick was really efficient and helpful diagnosing me - his attitude is really professional and helped put me at ease!!
Mr Blick was very considerate during my test. The test itself was quite intrusive, but Mr Blick ran through everything before, and was very reassuring during the test.
Chris has an excellent relationship with his patients and is pushing the boundary with new treatments, he has an excellent research background
Mr Chris Blick is a superb colleague and an excellent clinician and Surgeon. I have worked with him for many years, and have known him to be very conscientious and professional with all his patients over this time. I would feel very comfortable for him to look after or operate on any members of my family if the need ever arose.