Practices worked at
Dr Sofia Eriksson is a consultant neurologist who specialises in epilepsy and neurological sleep disorders. She has extensive expertise in treating a wide spectrum of seizure disorders, from parasomnias to narcolepsy. Dr Eriksson also specialises in the evaluation and treatment of sleep problems, including daytime somnolence and night terrors.
Her expertise is in the following areas:
- Brain imaging
- Sleep disorders
- Memory disorders
Dr Eriksson graduated from medical school at Göteborg University in Sweden in 1994 and went on to pursue her PhD focusing on epilepsy at Sahlgrenska University Hospital. After completing her specialist neurology training, she was appointed consultant neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
Dr Eriksson serves on the expert panel of the Association of British Neurologists and the panel for Sleep-Wake disorders for the European Academy of Neurology. She is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and the University College London Institute of Neurology.
- Specialist in Neurology Swedish Board of National Health and Welfare 2008
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2015
- PhD in Neurology and Epileptology Göteborg University 2003
- Member of Epilepsy Advisory Group Association of British Neurologists 2015
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians