Practices worked at
Mr Joseph Manjaly is a Consultant Otologist, ENT and Auditory Implant Surgeon, appointed at the Royal National ENT Hospital in central London. He specialises in ear/hearing problems for adults and children and regularly receives referrals from other ENT specialists for advanced care of these conditions.
Whilst Mr Manjaly is fully qualified to treat all types of ENT problems, by choosing to focus solely on ear and hearing surgery he is able to offer specialist assessment and treatment options beyond what is typically available in a standard ENT clinic. His internationally-renowned fellowship training now means that he can offer advanced surgical skills and a full range of hearing rehabilitation options for all types of hearing loss. He also enjoys being able to provide accurate and effective treatment for people with ear discharge, discomfort, tinnitus and dizziness. He holds both adult & paediatric clinics regularly.
Mr Manjaly has a very busy tertiary NHS practice at the renowned Royal National ENT Hospital, part of University College London Hospitals. He also provides visiting specialist input to the Microtia & Craniofacial Multidisciplinary team at the Royal Free Hospital, London. His training was on the North Thames ENT High Surgical Training programme, undergoing extensive training in all aspects of ENT surgery at a number of centres, including Great Ormond Street Hospital, Imperial College NHS Trust, London North West University NHS Trust, and the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital.
After being awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons he began to specialise in the area of hearing restoration for adults and children. He was then selected for a prestigious fellowship in Otology and Implant surgery at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, where he was able to expand his skills in complex ear and hearing surgery. He has held several positions within the Association of Otolaryngologists in Training including acting as a representative on the councils of the British Society of Otology and the Royal Society of Medicine Otology Section.
Away from the clinic, he is a keen Aston Villa supporter and also performs semi-professionally in a function band at weddings and conferences in the UK.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Hearing restoration surgery for children & adults
- Myringoplasty / Tympanoplasty for perforated ear drum & tympanic membrane retractions
- Ossiculoplasty using microscopic techniques & prostheses for conductive hearing loss
- Stapedectomy for Otosclerosis
- Tympanomastoid surgery / Combined Approach Tympanoplasty for Cholesteatoma
- Canalplasty & Meatoplasty
- Pre-auricular sinus excision
- Middle ear surgery under local anaesthetic / sedation (Tympanoplasty, Ossiculoplasty & Stapes surgery)
- Cochlear implantation
- Bone Conduction implantation / BAHA / Bonebridge
- Active Middle ear implantation / Vibrant Soundbridge
- Auditory implants (Cochlear Implants, Bone Conductive Implants, Middle ear implants)
- Hearing loss of all types (Conductive, Mixed & Sensorineural; Unilateral & Bilateral)
- Hearing restoration surgery for children & adults
- Middle ear surgery under local anaesthetic & sedation
- Stapes surgery (Stapedectomy) for Otosclerosis
- Ear Wax Removal
- Bone Conduction Implant (BCI)
- Cochlear Implants
- Ear Reconstruction
- Grommet Insertion
- Middle Ear Implant (MEI)
- Video Consultation
- BAHA / Bone Anchored Hearing Implants
- Hearing restoration surgery
- Ear Infections
- Ear Wax
- Eardrum Perforations
- Earache (Ear Pain)
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ETD)
- Hearing Loss
- Meniere’s Disease
- Otitis Externa
- Otitis Media (Glue Ear)
- Sensorineural hearing loss
- Single Sided Deafness
- Vestibular Neuritis
- Conductive hearing loss
- Tympanic membrane retraction
- Perforated ear drum
FRCS (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2017
DOHNS Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2011
Introductory Certificate in Medical Education University of Dundee, 2011
MBChB University of Bristol, 2008
BSc (Hons) Physiological Sciences (1st Class) University of Bristol, 2005
Ear Nose & Throat Surgery
Ive worked with Jo for many years initially as trainees and more recently as consultant colleagues. He is a highly skilled surgeon, who is passionate about all ear conditions and has fantastic surgical outcomes. He is kind, compassionate and loved by his patients and colleagues alike. I wholeheartedly recommend him.
Joe Manjaly is an excellent otologist and has a very caring and compassionate approach to his patients. I wholeheartedly recommend him.
Having worked in close collaboration with Mr Manjaly in both the NHS and private healthcare setting, I cannot recommend his services highly enough. He is a highly skilled ENT surgeon with a specialist interest in disorders of the ear and hearing. Not only that, he is a very compassionate doctor and will always do the very best for his patients. I have no hesitation in recommending his services to my own patients when a specialist medical or surgical opinion is required.
Mr Joseph Manjaly is an eminent and high skilled Consultant Otologist, Hearing Implant and ENT surgeon. Having known Mr Manjaly for many years and working together at Cambridge University Hospital Trust, I am humbled by his dedication, patient interaction and surgical skills. His high quality results in stapes and hearing implant surgery is testament to his surgical abilities. Needless to say, I would be very happy to recommend anyone including members of my family to Mr Manjaly.