Mr Efthymios Ypsilantis is a Consultant General Surgeon specialising in Laparoscopic and Colorectal Surgery. His NHS practice is at the Princess Royal University Hospital (King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) in Orpington.
He sees private patients at:
- BMI The Sloane Hospital in Beckenham
- BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington
- BMI The Blackheath Hospital in Blackheath
Mr Ypsilantis graduated from the Medical School of Athens, Greece in 1999. In 2006, he became a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England after completing his Core Surgical Training in England. The following year, he received an MPhil in Surgery after completing research at the University of Cambridge.
He completed his training in the Eastern Deanery and the London Deanery Higher Surgical Training National Programmes and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2014. He received his Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in General Surgery in 2015.
He then undertook further training at King's College Hospital, Medway Hospital, and Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospitals in surgical and laparoscopic procedures for gastrointestinal disorders. In 2015, he was an ACPGBI Traveling Fellow at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, USA. In 2016, he completed a Post-CCT Fellowship (RSO) at St Mark's Hospital, furthering his skills in colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, pelvic floor diseases, intestinal failure, and complex abdominal surgery.
Mr Ypsilantis is JAG-accredited for diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and holds an MSc in Perioperative Care and an MS in Coloproctology. After passing the EBSQ exams in 2017, he was accepted as a Fellow of the European Board of Coloproctology.
He has been widely published in peer-reviewed journals and textbooks and has presented his work at international conferences. Additionally, he is actively involved in education and is the Training Faculty Lead and the College Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Bowel Diversion Surgery
- Bowel Surgery (Colectomy)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Endoscopy (OGD)
- Lipoma Removal
- Open Hernia Repair
- Removal of Rectum and Colon (Proctocolectomy)
- Skin Lesion Removal (Warts, Moles and Skin Tags)
- Skin Lesion Treatments
- Anal Fistula
- Anal Cancer
- Bowel Cancer
- Bowel Obstruction
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Faecal Incontinence
- Femoral Hernia
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Pilonidal Sinus Disorders
- Rectal Cancer
- MSc in Perioperative Care and Advanced Surgical Practice Cardiff University 2010
- Master of Surgery in Coloproctology University of East Anglia 2016
- MPhil in Medical Sciences (Surgery) Cambridge University 2008
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of England 2014
- Fellow of the European Board of Surgery (Coloproctology) European Society of Coloproctology 2017
- US Medical Licensing Examinations ECFMG 2002
- Ptychion Iatrikes (MBBS) National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School 1999
Post-CCT Fellowship (RSO) Bowel cancer, Pelvic floor, Intestinal Failure St Mark's Hospital and Academic Institute 2016
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Royal Society of Medicine