Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Mr. Oliver Dale is a Consultant ENT and Thyroid Surgeon in Bristol, with experience in treating a wide range of ear, nose and throat disorders in adults and children. His specialist interests include the treatment of sinus disease and nasal blockage, thyroid and salivary gland disorders, voice and swallowing problems and head and neck (throat) cancer.
Mr. Dale completed his training in ENT surgery in Oxford and Bristol, and was appointed as a consultant at University Hospitals Bristol in 2019. In addition to his clinical practice, Mr. Dale has a strong interest in research and gained a PhD for his work in head and neck cancer in 2016. In 2018, he undertook a Fellowship in advanced head and neck oncology surgery and robotics in Adelaide, Australia.
Mr. Dale is a core member of the Thyroid and Head and Neck multidisciplinary teams at University Hospitals Bristol. He works with colleagues in other specialties including paediatrics and neurosurgery to provide a tertiary referral service for complex cases from across the South West, and understands the importance of multidisciplinary healthcare in the treatment of his patients.
Mr. Dale has won several prestigious awards including the Margaret Witt Scholarship for Clinical Excellence and the Modi Research Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons.
- Sinus Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
- Microscopic Laryngeal Surgery
- Thyroglossal Duct Surgery
- Lymph Node Biopsy
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Video Consultation
- Deviated Septum
- Nasal Blockage
- Nasal Polyps
- Thyroid Problems
- Swallowing Disorder (Dysphagia)
- Voice Problems
- Tonsil and Adenoid Infections
- Vocal Cord Disorders
- Advanced Fellowship in Head & Neck Oncology Surgery and Robotics Royal Adelaide Hospital 2018
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2017
- PhD University of Nottingham 2016
- CertMedEd University of Glasgow 2010
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2009
- DOHNS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2009
- BMBS University of Nottingham 2006
- BSc University of Nottingham 2006
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Head & Neck Oncologists
Ear Nose & Throat Surgery
A well-trained, professional surgeon. Expert at all aspects of H&M surgery. Friendly, approachable manner.
I have known Oli Dale for more than 12 years, going back to our early training years through which I was always grateful for his time and generosity in going out of the way to pass on advice. He has a great reputation wherever he has worked since then, not only for being a fantastic surgeon trained to the highest levels, but also for his trustworthy and affable character - I would happily recommend him to treat any member of my family. I am delighted to see him appointed to his prestigious ENT position in Bristol.