Practices worked at
Dr. Turab Syed is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma surgeon at the Royal Free London Hospital, also appointing at Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeons Ltd in Harley Street, London. Dr. Syed specializes in sports injuries, clinically interested in degeneration of the lower limb from many different conditions such as arthritis. He has experience in surgical treatment via joint replacement, ligament reconstruction and tendon treatment of the foot, ankle, knee, and hip, as well as, stem cell and shockwave treatments. Dr. Syed effectively treats his patients with the aim of preserving and improving joint mobility.
Other Professional Appointments:
Team Doctor & Head of Medical Staff on International Tours of Duty (Ireland, Malta, Poland, Croatia, Albania, Italy / San Marino, Slovakia, Romania)
- Sports Physician England National Football Team C, 2008-2017
- Team Doctor for England National UEFA Regions Cup Squads, 2010-2016
- Team Doctor Guernsey National Football Team, Murratti Vase 2012
- Academy Doctor FAPL - (FA Premier Academy League) MKDONS Academy 2008-11
- Team Doctor - FA Youth Cup 2009
- Doctor for Jersey Derby, 2015
- Official Motor Sports Doctor - MSA (Motor Sports Association) UK, 2007-14
- 2nd Doctor - The Pomeroy Memorial Trophy Competition - 24/02/2007 - F-1 Motor Racing Circuit, Silverstone, United Kingdom
Cross Country Athletics:
- Official Doctor for ECCA (English Cross Country Athletics) Annual Races 2008-09
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee replacement
- Patella realignment
- Multiligament reconstruction
- Tendon repair
- Achilles Tendon
- Ankle ligament reconstruction
- Cartilage regeneration procedures
- Knee arthritis
- Foot arthritis
- Sports injuries
- ACL injury
- Foot sprains
- Tendon degeneration
- Ligament problems
Dr. Syed studied medicine at King Edward Medical College in Pakistan. He then went on to specialise in Orthopaedics and achieved a fellowship with the Royal Colleges of Surgeons for Trauma and Orthopaedics. Also becoming a Senior Fellow in Sports Surgery and Foot and Ankle Surgery, as well as, receiving a Hip and Knee arthroplasty and revision fellowship from the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.He has also completed a travelling Surgical fellowship in Arthoplasty Surgery at Hoechst Clinic in Frankfurt where he scrubbed up for surgeries. Dr. Syed furthermore, achieved a Masters in Sports Medicine after attaining a Diploma of Sports and Exercise Medicine from University of Bath and Membership in Sports & Exercise Medicine from Faculty in Sports & Exercise Medicine.
My Dr is one of the best I have ever had
Very helpful and positive to my disabilities due to hip wear and movement reduction. At last, something is getting sorted!
Very good experience and doctor was very professional and thorough
Very informative clear explanations straight forward advice given
Good advice given and well explained to help you understand the situation
Excellent doctor and a caring kind surgeon. Spends time with patient understands their concerns and give great advice. Operated upon my Ankle two years ago and delighted with the result. Could not thank him until today as visited his clinic again today.
Waiting time was too long with my children. We have waited three and a half hours
Excellent you are the man everything great
2 hrs waiting time. Mr Shed was very knowledgeable and supportive.
Dr spoke in mother tongue which made the process quick and simple
Caring compassionate doctor,excellent surgeon, cured my hip pain with total hip replacement ☺.