Mr Minhas is a Consultant Urologist and Andrologist at Imperial College, London. A recipient of the prestigious Karl Storz Telescope award, given to specialists who have made a significant and lasting contribution to British Urology. He is recognised internationally as a key opinion leader in his field, and has been consistently voted one of the top private doctors in the UK by Tatler magazine.
Mr Minhas is a firm believer of evidenced based practice and specialises in treating problems affecting the male genitals and is one of the UK’s only dedicated andrological surgeons. In addition, he has published extensively on the subject (including a recent textbook on Male Sexual Dysfunction), chaired scientific meetings both nationally and internationally in the field of andrological surgery, and regularly receives invitations as an international speaker on the topic. Suks is also referee to a number of scientific journals and a member of international guideline committees, and is actively involved in the teaching and training of surgeons in the UK.
He is a board member of the European Society of Andrological Urology (ESAU) and co-chair of the European Association of Urology guidelines on male sexual and reproductive health.
He was chairman of the British Association of Urological Surgeons Section of Andrology and is currently a board member of the European Society of Andrological Surgery. Suks also works closely with The Lister Fertility Clinic one of the largest fertility centres in the UK who offer sperm freezing and storage services.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Surgery for male infertility blockages
- Surgical sperm retrieval including PESA, MESA and micro-dissection TESE for ICSI with sperm freezing
- Vasectomy and microsurgical reversal of vasectomy
- Genital oncology including surgical treatment of cancer of the penis, testis and scrotum
- Sexual dysfunction including medical and surgical treatments for erectile dysfunction
- Ejaculatory disorders including premature ejaculation
- Testicular pain
- Peyronie's disease
- Medical and surgical treatments
- Penile reconstruction following penile cancer, trauma and micro-penis
- Lymphoedema of the penis and disorders of the suspensory ligament of the penis
Primary Medical Qualifications
- MB ChB Sheffield 1989
- FRCS Edinburgh 1995
- MD University of Leeds 2002
- FRCS (Urol) 2002
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- British Association of Urological Surgeons (Section of Andrology)
- British Society of Sexual Medicine
- European Society of Sexual Medicine
- International Society of Sexual Medicine
- British Medical Association
The thorough assessment of the male partner has for too long been overlooked by reproductive medicine specialists. It is and should always be an integral part of the multidisciplinary approach to a couple's subfertility and it is imperative that it is performed by a urologist with the clinical and academic expertise in the area such as Professor Minhas. His investigation and treatment of our mutual patients is always excellent as is the evidence-based guidance and information he offers his patients to empower them to be part of the decision making process.