Mr Moorthy Halsnad is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at the Regional Maxillofacial Surgery Unit, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and Royal Hospital for Children in Glasgow. He practises privately at Ross Hall Hospital.
He has clinical interests in the following areas:
- wisdom teeth, implantology, jaw lumps
- Facial trauma/post traumatic deformity (nose/eye socket/condylar fractures etc)
- Endoscopic (minimal access) access for facial fractures fixation
- Oral/facial skin lesion removal & reconstruction
- TMJ surgery (arthroscopy/tmj replacement)
- Facial aesthetics (rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, brow lifts,face lifts)
- Fat transfer to facial defects/rejuvenation
- Scar revisions
- Orthognathic surgery (surgeries for jaw disproportions)
Mr Halsnad first qualified in India in 1996 and completed an OMFS residency (MDS) before relocating to the UK for a Royal College of Surgeons Fellowship. As a junior trainee, he worked with renowned maxillofacial surgeons in London, North Wales, Swansea, and Cambridge. After completing medical and surgical training at Birmingham University, he undertook a five-year specialist training programme which gave him experience in a wide range of cranio-facial, head and neck procedures.
Mr Halsnad has published and presented his work at both national and international levels. He completed an AO Fellowship at The Military Hospital Ulm, Germany, where he received advanced training in navigation assisted and 3D technology-aided facial surgery.
MB 2006 University of Birmingham
General Medical Council (Specialist list)
British Medical Association
British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
European Association of Cranio-maxillofacial Surgery
International Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
"Mr Halsnad is a contemporary of mine during my training and we remained connected. He is an highly experienced surgeon, delivering the highest quality of treatment, in some of the most demanding facial surgery cases. I have great respect for his work and his opinions, and he is an asset to our specialty. "