Practices worked at
Mr Subhamoy Chatterjee is a Consultant spinal surgeon who practices in both Central London and the North London areas. Affectionately know as 'Bob' to his colleagues, he trained at Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital. He undertook his initial surgical training in Oxford and finally on the Middlesex rotation in London. He went on to gain and complete a Royal College of Surgeons Fellowship at Norfolk & Norwich Hospitals as well as Neurosurgical Spinal Fellowship at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. This dual training allowed him to develop and hone the latest techniques in spinal surgery.
He has always held a high regard for the importance of research and in 2003 achieved a distinction in his Master’s Degree at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, where he researched Biomechanics and Skeletal Tissue Degeneration. He maintains this within his current practice sitting on research committees and holds honorary research contracts at the Royal National Orthoapedic Hospital & Norfolk & Norwich Hospitals.
Mr Chatterjee is very committed to education and his research is widely published and presented. He lectures and teaches internationally and is a tutor in minimally invasive keyhole surgery. He is the author of numerous book chapters, articles and research papers, as well as the Consultant editor of several medical journals. Mr Chatterjee resides on several medical committees and is a spinal advisor to the NHS.
Throughout his practice he strongly believes in ensuring that his patients understand their conditions to help make an informed decision about their health.
His wife Lisa is also a trained Orthopaedic surgeon. Bob has varied interests outside of his practice, from fine food and wine to table tennis, but now it his two young daughters with whom he likes to spend his free time.
- Minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery
- Spinal conditions of the elderly
- Lumbar Decompression
- Lumbar Discectomy
- Lumbar Fusion
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Cervical Decompression & Fusion
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Spinal Injections
- Facet joint Replacement
- Sacroiliac fusion
- Sports Spinal Injuries
- Spinal problems in the elderly
- Complex spinal reconstruction
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- MB BS 1995 University of London
- MSc(Distinction) in Biomechanics
- FRCS (Tr&Orth)
- Royal College of Surgeons accredited training in Orthopaedic Degenerative & Deformity Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons accredited training in Spinal Neurosurgery
- International Trainer in Minimally Invasive (keyhole) Surgery
Membership of National and International Societies
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine Education (Switzerland)
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Royal Society of Medicine
Mr Chatterjee provides excellent care for complex spinal patients.
We are delighted to work with Mr Chatterjee and his team. Our patients find Mr Chatterjee very thorough and only recommends surgery after careful consideration and full patient discussion.
Mr Chatterjee is a valued colleague and an excellent spinal surgeon. He has a great depth of knowledge and is a hard working doctor who is well liked by his patients.