Practices worked at
Dr Harvinder Chahal is a consultant in Endocrinology, Diabetes, Bariatric Medicine and General Internal Medicine at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. He's also Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College, London.
Dr Chahal is an experienced endocrinologist in all aspects of diabetes and endocrinology. He qualified from St Bartholomew's and the Royal London School of Medicine in 2001. He trained in endocrinology and diabetes at St Bartholomew's Hospital. Owing to his medical excellence, in 2007, he was awarded the prestigious Medical Research Council training fellowship to undertake research in the field of pituitary tumorigenesis, resulting in several influential research papers in high impact journals. His expertise has seen him receive several national and international prizes for his research and clinical work. Additionally, he has written several textbook chapters and is the co-investigator on several diabetes and endocrinology research studies.
Furthermore, he is the Lead Bariatric Physician and medically manages patients prior to and after bariatric surgery and pharmacotherapy in order to reduce their complication risks and optimise the health benefits of weight loss.
He is an enthusiastic teacher of undergraduate students and postgraduate doctors. In 2016, he was appointed the Director of Clinical Studies at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. He is a teacher and examiner on the Middlesex University London Postgraduate Diploma course in Diabetes and Endocrinology. He is also the module lead on the Obesity Medicine MSc course at Imperial College London.
- Thyroid, adrenal, pituitary disorders, hormone deficiencies and specialist endocrine testing
- Calcium, parathyroid, vitamin D, osteoporosis and bone metabolism
- Obesity, bariatrics, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), hirsutism, fertility problems
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2) and complications, lipid disorders, hypertension, cardiovascular risk reduction
- Genetic endocrine conditions and neuroendocrine tumours