Dr Aditi Desai is a recognised Sleep Medicine Dentist, primary located in London. She is qualified from the University of Wales in 1977 and has 42 years of diverse experience. In 2004, she completed her MSc in Conservative Dentistry at University College London.
In 1996, at the invitation of the BBC, Dr Desai established the Dental Services within Broadcasting House in London. She built up a successful, State of the Art practice that offered patients the highest quality dental care. This included routine dentistry, specialist procedures such as cosmetic dentistry, implants and adult orthodontics. She is currently President of the British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Following her move to 76 Harley Street in 2009, she further developed her interest in dental sleep medicine and now, limits her practice to the management of sleep apnoea and snoring problems. She also manages TMJ problems with Oro-facial Pain and Sleep Bruxism which are co-linked. She consults from HCA Outpatients at the Shard in London Bridge as well as from Harley Street.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, she works with numerous consultants and to this extent, often refers and receives referrals from the respiratory, chest and sleep physicians, ENT consultants, neurologists and psychologists. Their aim is to help manage patients with the debilitation condition this Multidisciplinary team engagement improves the patients’ treatment outcome. Dr Desai provides treatment for patients who cannot tolerate CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)
Dr Desai is a founder of Global Sleep Solutions, an establishment whose principal intention is to raise awareness, provide education and access to treatment for a wide range of sleep disorders.
Recently, Dr Desai founded the British Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine of which she is President, to further educate dentists in various disciplines of dental sleep medicine. Her aim is to create centres of excellence for the management of the disorder that affects over a billion people worldwide.
She has also done the following media work:
- Press release as a BDA spokesperson on National and International Television on the hazards of tongue piercing
- Press release as a BDA spokesperson on the state of the National Health Service
- Press release as a BDA spokesperson on then, New NHS contract for dentists and why significant numbers of dentists were opting out of the NHS
- Radio 4 interviewees as a General Dental Practitioner on the state of the NHS in the UK
- Radio show with Graham Norton outlining the hazards of body piercing
- Radio programme on Radio 4 discussing the new NHS contract before its launch
- Regularly asked to participate in media shows recorded at my practice
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Chronic headache
- Dental pain diagnosis
- Dental phobia
- Dental sleep medicine
- Digital dentistry
- Digital impressions
- Jaw joint (TMJ)
- Mandibular advancement device
- Opg X-ray (Orthopantomography)
- Oral medicine
- Orofacial Pain
- Receding gums
- Sleep apnoea
- Sleep disorders
- Sleep problems
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD)
- Tooth grinding
- Sleep Bruxism
- Part of a multidisciplinary team working with ENT, Respiratory, Sleep, Neurology and Max-Fac Consultants.
- Management of Snoring
- Management of sleep disorders especially Sleep Apnoea
- Management of Daytime tooth grinding and nighttime bruxism
- Management of Temporomandibular Joint Problems
- Management of Orofacial Pain