Practices worked at
Dr Nikolic has graduated medicine in 1992 and has been working as a Consultant in Pain Medicine since 2006. He works both privately and on the NHS at St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals.
He covers a wide range of interests, including spintal pain management, myofascial pain syndromes, neuromodulation/spinal cord stimulation, complex regional pain syndromes, headaches and neuropathic pain.
Dr Nikolic provides treatments that are tailored for every patient and rely on a holistic approach including interventional pain management, analgesia optimisation and comprehensive rehabilitation and psychological support when appropriate. He is currently working closely with a team of specialists who are experts in their fields (physiotherapists, osteopaths, vocational rehabilitation specialists/occupational therapists and clinical psychologists).
Dr Nikolic believes that it is highly important to provide a service of the highest clinical standard that is firmly founded on the principles of evidence-based medicine. He is regularly involved in teaching and research in order to keep his professional knowledge and skills up to date.
It is important that HCA is transparent about our relationship with those doctors who provide us with clinical guidance on delivering the best possible care to patients and operating our hospitals safely and efficiently. We set out here some of the ways in which we work together and the amount we pay this doctor for such services.
- Diagnostic/therapeutic facet joint/medial branch blocks
- Radiofrequency treatment to dorsal ramii – denervation procedures
- Pulsed radiofrequency treatment to nerve roots, trunks and peripheral nerves
- Sympathetic blocks with or without radiofrequency treatment
- Neuroaxial injections in particular cervical dorsal root infiltration/transforaminal injection
- Percutaneous spinal cord stimulation
- Cosmetic injection therapy for migraines/headaches and myofascial pain
- Spinal pain management, in particular cervical pain with or without brachialgia
- Myofascial pain syndromes/musculoskeletal pain
- Neuromodulation - spinal cord stimulation, neuropathic pain and abdominal pain
- Acute pain
- Back pain
- Chronic pain
- MD (1992) - University of Belgrade
- FRCA 2001 - The Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK
- FFPMRCA - Faculty of Pain Medicine, the Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK
- British Medical Association
- British Pain Society
- International Neuromodulation Society
I am happy to recommend Dr Nikolic as a trusted colleague.
Serge is a first rate pain specialist with whom I have shared a number of patients. He always has terrific feedback from patients who find his professional appraoch to be very reassuring and is very responsive to their queries. He is exceedingly well regarded by peers from his specialty and across the board: I cannot recommend him more highly