Practices worked at
Dr Joel Newman is a Consultant Haematologist currently working in London and the South East, consulting at London Bridge Hospital, HCA The Shard Diagnostic Center, HCA at Guy's Cancer Centre, Nuffield Health Brighton, Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital and Spire Healthcare Sussex Hospital. His current NHS post is at East Sussex Healthcare Trust. His areas of interest include Diagnosis and treatment of blood cancers including chemotherapy administration (leukaemia, myeloma, lymphoma); anaemia; iron deficiency and bleeding disorders.
Dr Newman is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists. Dr Newman trained at Guy's and St.Thomas' Hospitals in London, working throughout the South East of England, including specialist training in Haematology at King's College Hospital.
In addition, Dr Newman was a Specialist Advisor to the Care Quality Commission, influenced the Education and Training of new Haematologists via the London Deanery and the Royal College of Pathologists and was Chair of the East Sussex Division of the British Medical Association. He is also an author of several textbook sections on Haematology, and was Deputy Editor for the Journal of Medical Case Reports. He is currently Deputy Chief of Medicine at East Sussex Healthcare.
- Diagnosis and treatment of blood cancers including chemotherapy administration
- Investigation of excessive fatigue and tiredness
- Bone marrow aspirate and biopsy
- Monitoring of anticoagulation including warfarin and newer anticoagulants
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Iron deficiency
- Bleeding disorders
- Unexplained blood clots
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Myeloproliferative disorders (polycythaemia, essential thrombocythaemia, myelofibrosis)
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath) Royal College of Pathologists UK 2013
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) Royal Colleges of Physicians UK 2009
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB BS) King's College London 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Anatomy with Biomedical Sciences King's College London 2001