Practices worked at
Dr Jordan is a UK trained Sports Medicine Physician and Consultant in Family Medicine. She has worked with international teams including Scottish Rugby and Football as well as the British Swimming Team, and at the Scottish Institute of Sport.
Dr Jordan has experience of working with elite athletes at many major multi-sport games, including London 2012 Olympics, Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, Baku 2015 European Games, as Chief Medical Officer for the Great Britain Team at the Youth Olympics in Tblisi 2015 and as a team doctor for the Great Britain team at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, a role she will repeat in 2021 at the delayed Toyko Olympic Games.
Dr Jordan continues to combine her clinic based work with current elite sports roles with World Rugby 7s series, British Swimming, as a World Rugby Medical Educator and in Anti Doping.
Dr Jordan believes in a detailed approach to illness and injury assessment, working as a team with the patient to decide and implement the most effective evidence based care plan. Prior to specialising in sports medicine, Dr Jordan worked as a partner in a family medicine practice giving her an excellent general medicine background and allowing her to treat patients holistically considering and addressing all contributing factors.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
Ultrasound guided injections
Saline stripping / high volume injections
- Musculoskeletal Injuries: joint and soft tissue acute and chronic / overuse
- Concussion Assessment and Management
- Fatigue and Underperformance
- Exercise Prescription and Advice on Exercise for/with Illness
- Ultrasound Assessment of Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Biomechanics and Gait Analysis
- Exercise Prescription
- Exercise Testing
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Joint Injection
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Physical Fitness Assessment
- Soft Tissue Injection
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS)
- Medical School - Bachelor of Surgery and Medicine, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
- Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Edinburgh)
- International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP)
- Member of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK and Ireland)