- General (Internal) Medicine
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) such as ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreaticobiliary Medicine (Bile Ducts & Pancreas)
New appointment: £250
Follow-up appointment: £150
Dr Deb Majumdar is currently Consultant Gastroenterologist and clinical lead in Endoscopy and Hepatobiliary medicine at St Peter's hospital. He also works at Royal Surrey County hospital, the regional hepatobiliary cancer centre, as a Consultant Gastroenterologist where he performs advanced hepatobiliary endoscopic procedures. He has been instrumental in development of Barrett’s oesophagus, capsule endoscopy and advanced ERCP(Spyglass) service at St Peter's and introduction of non-invasive assessment of liver disease (Fibroscan) .
Majumdar has a particular interest in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy), ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound.
He is a JAG (UK Joint Advisory Group on GI Endoscopy) accredited Endoscopist and trainer in endoscopy. He participates in regular audits of his endoscopy activity striving to provide high quality and safe endoscopy to his patients. His colonoscopy quality data (Key performance Indicators-KPI) indicate excellent outcomes.
He has a varied interest in research, holding the role of Principal investigator in several multi-centre studies. His MD thesis included cutting edge techniques of Proteomics, focussing on molecular methods of identify patients at risk of cancer in context of inflammatory bowel disease.
He has published in multiple journals and presented papers at national and international conferences.
He takes a strong interest in teaching and training. He is a MRCP PACES examiner.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Oesophageal stenting
- Polypectomy and Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Capsule endoscopy
- Gastroesophageal reflux and Hiatus Hernia.
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- Oesophageal cancer
- Coeliac disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Liver disease, Jaundice & hepatitis.
- Liver Cancer.
- Pancreatic tumours and Pancreatitis.
- Colonic polyps and colon cancers.
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colonic Stent
- ERCP Procedure
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS)
- Enteral Feeding
- Liver Biopsy
- Oesophageal Stent Insertion
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Video Consultation
- Acid Reflux
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Barrett's Oesophagus
- Coeliac Disease
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Dyspepsia (Indigestion)
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Functional Bowel Disease
- Gastric (Stomach) Ulcers
- Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD) or Reflux
- Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD)
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Heart Burn
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Hiatus Hernia
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Disease
- Oesophageal Cancer
- Oesophageal Spasm
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Liver Disease
- Primary Billiary Cholangitis (PBC)
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
- Pyloric Stenosis
- Rectal Bleeding
- Swollen Stomach
- Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions (Oesophagus & Stomach)
- Wilson's Disease