Mr William Grant is a Consultant ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) Surgeon. He qualified from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 1984 and then completed a registrar training program in Dublin. He complete a Masters Degree in Surgery, MCh, in London, before undertaking Senior Registrar Training in the Royal Free and Royal Surrey County Hospitals.
He was initially appointed to the post of Consultant ENT Surgeon with special interest in both Rhinology and in Head and Neck Surgery to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh in 1996. He returned to London in 2001 to take up a post at Charing Cross Hospital and at Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals in London. As Clinical Lead for ENT, he oversaw the amalgamation of the ENT Departments at Charing Cross and St Mary's Hospitals to form the Imperial College Hospitals NHS Trust ENT Department in 2009, where he continued in this role until 2011.
An extremely skilful surgeon, Mr Grant has undergone extensive training in a myriad of ENT procedures. Much of Mr Grant's training was in laser techniques in head and neck surgery at the prestigious Laser Centre of University College London Hospital. In 2001 he was appointed as a Consultant at Charing Cross/Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals, where he continues to practise today. Alongside his strict clinical work, Mr Grant focusses much of his time in research, exploring the specifics of sinus surgery applications and endoscopic anterior skull base surgery.
Mr Grant is very happy to see and advise adult and paediatric patients with any Ear, Nose or Throat or salivary gland disorder.
He has particular interests in all aspects of nasal and sinus surgery, and in paediatric ENT surgery. Collaborative working with neurosurgical colleagues at Charing Cross has led to the successful development of the endoscopic anterior skull base programme there. At Chelsea and Westminster he undertakes collaborative work with craniofacial plastic and oculoplastic surgery surgical colleagues, and has travelled with the Facing the World Charity group to Vietnam to operate on complex cases there with the team.
For more information please see: grantent.co.uk
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Paediatric ear, nose and throat surgery
- Salivary gland disorders
- Sinus surgery
- Endoscopic anterior skull base surgery
- Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base Surgery
- Septal & Rhinoplasty Surgery
Education and Memberships
- MBBCh,BAO, LRCP&SI, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 1984
- FRCSI in Otolaryngology 1989
- FRCS(ORL) 1995
- MCh, Masters Degree in Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University College Dublin 1996
- FRCSEd 1999
- Fellow Royal Society of Medicine, Sections Rhinology/Laryngology, Otology and Plastic Surgery
- British Association of Otolaryngology and Head and Surgery
- British Rhinological Society
- European Rhinological Society
- British Skull Base Surgery Society
- British Society of Rhinoplasty Surgeons
- Independent Doctors Federation
- London Consultants Association
- British Medical Association
Ear Nose & Throat Surgery
An excellent surgeon colleague, very highly recommended.