Mr. Lobo is a consultant ophthalmologist with a wealth of experience in his field, he is currently a clinical director, working at Moorfields eye unit at Bedford Hospital, and the clinical lead for Bedfordshire Luton Dunstable Diabetic Eye disease screening programme. In recognition of his extensive skill he has also recieved a number of awards, including the nomination in 2011 Macular Disease Society's annual Clinical Services of the Year Award; the honour recognises Mr Lobo's outstanding efforts to help improve the treatment, care, and quality of life of people with the macular disease.
Mr. Lobo specialises in medical retina, age related macular degeneration and diabetic neuropathy.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Ultrasound phacoemulsification of cataract, with lens implant - unilateral
- Yag laser photodisruption of posterior capsule of lens (including laser capsulotomy)
- Dry eye
- Watering eye
- Cataract surgery
BMI The Manor: 2-5 pm every Monday except for the 1st Monday of the month.
BMI Hendon: 5-8 pm every Thursday.
Moorfields: 5-8 pm every Wednesday.
- MBBS University of Goa 1992
- MS Ophthalmology University of Goa 1996
- FRCS(Edinburgh) The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1998
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2007
- Fellow Royal College Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Fellow Royal College Ophthalmology (London)
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology