Dr Julius Bourke
is a liaison psychiatrist and neuropsychiatrist. H
e has a special interest in the assessment and management of neuropsychiatric disorders such as
, anxiety (including PTSD and OCD) and stress-related conditions.
He is a leading expert in somatic syndromes and functional neurological disorder, including
syndromes, which lie at the interface between general medicine, surgery and psychiatry. He is frequently instructed in the provision of expert medicolegal opinion on psychiatric disorders,
post-concussion syndrome and functional neurological disorder
Outside of his clinic, he serves as a clinical senior lecturer in neurophysiology and clinical psychiatry at the Queen Mary University of London. His specialist research interests are in the neurophysiology of chronic pain, the functional syndromes and related disorders.
He has given numerous talks and presentations on both a national and an international basis. Dr Bourke has been widely published on an array of field-related topics. He has co-authored a textbook on psychiatry and has contributed chapters to numerous others, including a world-leading textbook on internal medicine.
Dr Bourke qualified from Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, before working in emergency medicine and neurology in East London and hyperbaric medicine in Egypt. He pursued his psychiatric training in East London and then at
The Maudsley Hospital
- Brain injury
- Functional syndromes
- Functional neurological disorder including psychogenic non-epileptic seizures
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders, including IBS
- Chronic dizziness
- Persistent postural-perceptual dizziness
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Bipolar affective disorder
- MB BS 2001 University of London
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- British Medical Association
- British Neuropsychiatry Association
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Tier 1 expert neuropsychiatrist
- British Association of Psychopharmacology
- European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- European Association of Psychosomatic Medicine
- British Pain Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- International Society for Sports Psychiatry
- British Neuroscience Association
- Federation of European Neuroscience Societies
Very helpful and professional
Relieved that someone can help with my situation.
Friendly manners, creates a helpful dialogue with patient, good listener, proactive with ideas, takes concerns on board, good knowledge of medications
Great listener knows his job his guidance has helped immensely
Kind and highly professional doctor.
Good to talk to have been recommended to see another consultant at your practice
Very patient with me
Great, too many firms!
Dr Bourke was very insightful in terms of the varying symptoms and how he believed they were affecting me. He listened in detail to my situation and gave honest feedback and explained everything very clearly. I was impressed with his breadth of knowledge and I am very pleased I was referred to him for treatment.
I now feel much more at ease with Dr Bourke and understand the issues that I have and how deal with them.
Very nice and helpful
Report on the same day what is there not to like.
Friendly and informative
Very pleasant and to the point.