Welcome to Cromwell Hospital
Cromwell Hospital is an internationally renowned private hospital located in the South Kensington area of London. We offer treatment for both adults and children, and are dedicated to providing world-class care to our patients.
The hospital was purpose built and opened in 1981 as a state-of-the-art private facility for complex procedures and excellence in patient care – a tradition which continues to this day.
Our patients choose to come to us from our local area, throughout the UK, and from more than 100 other countries. Our International Patient Centre is a dedicated service to assist patients and their families travelling from abroad for treatment.
Where five-star treatment comes as standard
With access to our 15 on-site private GPs, and over 70 clinical specialties covered by more than 500 specialist consultants, Cromwell Hospital can support you with the vast majority of illnesses or injuries. Our specialist departments, which have a worldwide reputation for medical excellence and first-class service, include:
- Children and young people
- Liver and gastroenterology
- General surgery
- Weight loss
Where innovation is second nature
With diagnostic and treatment technologies constantly evolving, we know how important it is to stay ahead of the curve to give our patients the very best care. We invest in the latest equipment to make diagnosis faster and more accurate, and work with leading consultants who are at the forefront of new treatment developments.
Our facilities include:
- The GenesisCare Centre for Radiotherapy, offering Europe’s most advanced radiotherapy treatments and technology including the MRIdian MR linac, Varian edge and Gamma Knife icon
- State-of-the-art adult intensive care unit, using specialist medical technology such as an electronic prescribing system and ‘Smart Glass’, which can change from transparent to opaque depending on privacy needs
- Ambient MRI scanners with a wider bore to minimise discomfort
- The very latest PET/CT technology
- Specialist TomoTherapy systems for precision radiation therapy
- Angiography suite that offers the most accurate imaging available
- The da Vinci Xi surgical robot - the most advanced robot of its kind, enabling our surgeons to carry out complex, minimally invasive surgeries across a range of specialties
- One of the few Mako robots in London, providing a high degree of precision during joint replacement surgery