Dr. Rafif Tayara was brought up as a child in Montreal, Canada but from Lebanese origins. She trained in Pediatric Dentistry both at St-Justine Children’s Hospital in Montreal and at Saint-Joseph University in Beirut. She is an international speaker and lecturer in Oral Health, as well as the Middle East Ambassador for the Scandinavian company 'Jordan' one of the world's oldest oral healthcare brands.
Dr. Rafif has lived and worked in Montreal, Beirut, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai gathering an extensive experience of 16 years in treating children from all walks of life. She had the privilege of treating a huge diversity of healthy and sick kids from all over the world, in different healthcare systems both in private and public settings.
Coming from a multicultural background, she is fluent in French, English and Arabic. Her passion for languages led her to also study Italian and Portuguese. She says “This brings me closer to my little patients and families who I treat”.
Currently Dr. Rafif practices at Dr. Michael's Children's Dental Center, offering high-quality & specialised paediatric dentistry inluding nitrous oxide sedation and Oral Rehabilitation under General Anaesthesia, using the most up to date techniques and most proven behavior management approaches.
She is also a proud mother of 8 year-old twins. “ I can truly relate to the parental struggles when it comes to raising kids in an expat environment. I enjoy sharing parenting tips with my little patients’ parents on a daily basis” .
Besides paediatric dentistry, Dr Rafif's passions include dancing and traveling the world whenever she needs a break to change perspectives.
You can follow her on Instagram @doctortayara to see her daily stories with patients, helping them to have a healthy, happy smile for life.
- 2011, Rotational training program in Pediatric Dentistry. Abu Dhabi Dental Center, Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC), Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- 2010, CSS, Pediatric Dentistry. Saint-Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Saint-Justine’s Children Hospital, Montreal, Canada
- 2005, DDS. School of Dental Medicine, Saint-Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon.
- American Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- European Association of Paediatric Dentistry
- UAE Medical Association
- Emirates Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Society of Lebanese Pediatric Dentists
- Lebanese Dental Association (LDA)
- Medical Credentialed Pediatric Dentist, Operation Smile
- 2014-2016, Editorial Consultant for the Journal of Lebanese Dental Association, 2014-2016
- 2014, Co-founded the Pediatric Oral Health Education Team in New York City, USA
- 2007, Academic Excellence Award, Chamber of Commerce & Industry Canada-Lebanon, Montreal, Canada.