Should you require a short notice appointment please contact Emma on 07501 113244
Mr Stephen Warren is a Consultant General, Colorectal & Laparoscopic Surgeon based in London, UK. Following his graduation from University of London in 1986 he soon discovered an interest in laparoscopic surgery, finding that patients experienced less pain compared to traditional methods and also recovered quicker with fewer complications. By 1991 he had performed his first laparoscopic cholecystectomy and as a young consultant was awarded a national scholarship to gain experience at the renowned Cleveland Clinic in USA for a 3 month sabbatical.
He was the recipient of a Master of Surgery MS in Surgery for his published thesis from the University of London.
He has a specialist interest in all abdominal and bowel complaints. He is a highly skilled laparoscopic surgeon and applies his skills to a wide variety of surgical operations, both elective planned and emergencies.
In his personal time he enjoys oil painting, road cycling, and football.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
His usual patients are referred with:
- Laparoscopic groin, umbilical and incisional hernias
- Gallstones and jaundice
- Bowel cancers and screening
- Laparoscopic bowel cancer resection
- Rectal bleeding and piles
- Change in bowel habit, diarrhoea and constipation
- Abdominal and pelvic pain, irritable bowel syndrome
- For the investigation of anaemia and positive blood in stool tests
- Stomach problems, indigestion and ulcers
- For colonoscopy or gastroscopy, family/personal history of polyps or bowel tumours
- Emergencies: appendicitis, abscesses, diverticulitis and abdominal pain
- Anal and rectal pain, prolapse, fistulas, fissures and painful piles
- Pilonidal sinus
- Laparoscopic treatment of diverticulitis, colovesical fistulas
- Laparoscopic treatment of complicated Crohn’s disease
- Laparoscopic treatment of complicated colitis
- Colostomy and ileostomy problems
- Anal pain and bleeding in children
- Excision of skin lesions
- Advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery
- Bowel and rectal surgery
Practices worked at
Doctify's members who are nearby
Mr Nicholas Marshall
Professor Mark Whiteley
Mr Shashank Gurjar
Mr Asif Haq
"I have worked closed with Mr Warren for twenty years. He is a highly experienced colo-rectal surgeon with outstanding clinical and communication skills. My patients who see him are delighted with his care."