Mr Ramar is an experienced Consultant Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic surgeon with over 20 years of experience in general and laparoscopic surgery. He has previously worked in multiple London hospitals, as well as across the UK in Scotland, Doncaster and Bournemouth. He is currently working as a consultant general/ upper GI/ bariatric surgeon at King's College Hospital with a specialism in elective bariatric and upper GI surgery. He believes in a holistic approach in caring for his patients and participates at the weekly bariatric MDT and has clinics for bariatric and general and upper GI patients. He holds one of the largest NHS practices for laparoscopic bariatric surgery.
Mr Ramar's elective work involves mainly primary and revision bariatric surgery and benign upper GI surgery including laparoscopic bile duct exploration. Mr Ramar spends his day cases performing laparoscopic surgeries from gallbladder to hernia surgery, as well as gastroscopies including therapeutic procedures. He is the lead for EGS UGI pathways and is involved in establishing and delivering surgical ambulatory care and currently is working alongside with the Surgical Ambulatory emergency Care. Mr Ramar also works as an emergency surgeon at King's College Hospital.
Furthermore, Mr.Ramar has contributed substantially to medical research, producing numerous publications. He is actively involved in research and member performing Laparoscopic Gastric banding surgery for GLIDE trial as well as contributing to studies such as cardiac changes after bariatric surgery (BARCODE) and depression and its outcome after bariatric surgery( BARIDEP).
Mr Ramar is passionate about training the next generation of surgeons and holds several educational roles. He is a clinical and educational supervisor for foundation trainees, SpR's and is an honorary senior clinical lecturer at Kings College London.
- MB BS 1992 University of Madras
- Measurement for improvement workshop by Surgical Ambulatory Emergency Care
- Network, London, May 2018.
- Complex Abdominal Wall Hernia Masterclass, Newcastle upon Tyne, 2018.
- The NorthWest Complex Abdominal Wall Reconstruction Workshop, Manchester, 2018.
- Revision after Sleeve Gastrectomy - Is Single Anastomosis bypass the best option? London, 2017.
- Robotic Bariatric Surgery Case Observership, Switzerland. 2017
- Robotic Bariatric Surgery Case Observership, France, June 2017, 2018
- Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy Course, King’s College Hospital, London 2017
- Kings Trauma Skills / Damage control Surgery Course, 2016
- New Appraiser Training workshop, Miadhealthcare, 2015.
- Kings Trauma Skills Course, London, 2015
- Advanced course in Fast-track Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery and Logistics, Rotterdam, September 2015.
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery Course, Seville, Spain, September 2014.
- Banded Gastric Bypass Course, UCL, London, September 2014.
- Strategies in Emergency General Surgery at Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, July 2014.
- Root Cause Analysis Systems Investigation Course, Serious Incident Investigation, London, May 2014.
- The Emergencies in Bariatric Surgery Course, Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, London, December 2013
- Metabolic Applied Research Strategy (MARS) Course, London, Dec 2013
- Workshop Revisional procedures in bariatric surgery EMEA course, Belgium, September 2013
- Surgical Management of Morbid Obesity, IFSO, India, September 2012
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery, IFSO, India, September 2012
- ATLS Course, Coventry, November 2011
- Training the Trainers, RCS, September 2011
- Leadership and Management for Senior Doctors, London, September 2011
- Effective Communication Skills for Doctors, London, September 2011
- SWLC Laparoscopic Bariatric Cadaveric Course, Taunton, and Bristol, December 2010
- Basic Skills in Therapeutic GI Endoscopy, St George’s, London, June 2010
- Bariatric Surgical Skills (Advanced Laparoscopy), RCS Eng, London, April 2010
Had a bypass operation very happy with the surgeon and his team
Dr. Ramar was professional, kind and helpful before, during and after the procedure. It's now five months later and I'm very pleased with the results, a huge improvement to my quality of life!
He was wonderful he explained all and answered any questions I would recommend him to anyone