Practices worked at
Mr Pasha Nisar is a Consultant Colorectal and Laparoscopic (keyhole) Surgeon at Ashford and St Peter's NHS Trust. He was appointed in 2011 and is the Trust's colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease surgical lead. He conducted the first single-incision 'scarless' cancer operation and the first artificial sphincter implant at the Trust. He also founded the department's research programme in collaboration with Royal Holloway, University of London, and he oversees PhD projects on genetic biomarkers for colon cancer. In addition, he is involved in robotic surgical development and is the clinical lead for endoscopy at Princess Margaret Hospital.
Mr Nisar is a high-volume surgeon who specialises in all aspects of colorectal disorders, hernia surgery, and endoscopy. His primary goal is to achieve the best clinical outcomes for his patients.
He has expertise in the following areas:
- Groin and abdominal hernia surgery - laparoscopic and mesh free repair
- Advanced colonoscopy, EMR polypectomy, endoscopy, bowel cancer screening, colitis screening
- Keyhole surgery for bowel cancer and diverticular disease
- Surgery for stage IV endometriosis
- Laparoscopic rectopexy for prolapse
- Sacral neuromodulation for faecal incontinence
- Surgery for Crohn’s and colitis including ileo-anal pouch
- Treatment for haemorrhoids, fistula and fissures
- Rafaelo, HALO surgery for piles and botox injections
Mr Nisar studied medicine at Trinity College, Cambridge University, and Addenbrooke's Hospital. He received a PhD from the University of Nottingham for his work undertaken at the Academic Surgical Unit. His specialist surgical training was undertaken at St George's, Frimley Park, and Royal Surrey Hospitals in the London Deanery. He also spent a year training at the Department of Digestive Disease at the renowned Cleveland Clinic USA, under Professor Vic Fazio.
Mr Nisar has over 50 articles and book chapters published and has spoken at international conferences. In 2019, he was named the Global Health and Pharma Colorectal Surgeon of the Year.
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Bowel Surgery (Colectomy)
- Hernia Repair (Keyhole)
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Bowel Diversion Surgery
- Colonic Stent
- Colorectal Surgery
- Endoscopy (OGD)
- Lipoma Removal
- Open Hernia Repair
- Removal of Rectum and Colon (Proctocolectomy)
- Skin Lesion Treatments
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
- Colon Cancer
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fistula
- Bowel Cancer
- Bowel Obstruction
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Faecal Incontinence
- Femoral Hernia
- Functional Bowel Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic Pain
- Pilonidal Sinus Disorders
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Cancer
Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain
European Society of Coloproctology
Section of Coloproctology, Royal Society of Medicine
Alumni Trinity College, Cambridge University
Alumni Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA
"Mr. Nisar is a very skilled and experienced surgeon. He works with me regularly for complex endometriosis surgery. I would trust him with treating my loved ones."
"Pasha Nisar is a very skilled colorectal surgeon with great expertise and strong communication and interpersonal skills! We work together in more than one hospital and I highly recommend him. "
"Mr Nisar is an excellent surgeon and caring doctor"