- Refractive Surgery / Surgical Solutions
- Vision Correction Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
New appointment: £185
Follow-up appointment: £130
Practices worked at
Mr J S Chawla MD FRCS FRCOphth is an experienced senior consultant ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon. He has been a consultant ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon for over 23 years.
He is in private practice and has practising privileges at Westland Medical Centre, Spire Hartswood and Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospitals. Mr Chawla has his own private Eye Clinic at Westland Medical Centre, Romford. This clinic is equipped with state of the art diagnostic equipment, Minor operation Suite and Laser suite with Argon and YAG lasers. Westland Medical Centre is recognised by the CQC.
Mr Chawla received a Certificate of Excellence in Clinical Care from Iwantgreatcare.org.uk in 2018
Mr Chawla has specialised in Lens Replacement Surgery, complex cataract surgery, toric and piggyback lens implants, Oculoplastic surgery including cosmetic blepharoplasty.
- Lens replacement surgery
- Multifocal and toric intraocular lens implants
- Piggyback lens implants
- Botox therapy
- Blepharitis management including Blephex treatment
- Dry eye treatments
- YAG laser treatments
- Argon laser treatments
- Removal of benign and malignant lesions of eyelids
- Reconstruction of eyelids
- Pterygium excision
- Lacrimal surgery and surgical treatments for watering eyes
Mr J S Chawla holds Fellowship in Ophthalmology from The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, The Royal College of Ophthalmologists and The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- FRCS (Glasg)
- FRCS (Edin)
Mr Chawla is a member of the following professional organisations
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, British Medical Association
- UK and Ireland Society of cataract and refractive surgery
- European Society of cataract and refractive surgery
- British Refractive surgery Society
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
I highly recommend Mr Chawla. While I have been under his care for the past 12 months, his level of professionalism coupled with his expertise and knowledge have been a great source of comfort and reassurance to me. I am glad I found him and, as a result of his great care, I trust him implicitly.
Perfect job, well done, eyesight now back to normal very professional
Mr Chawla put me at ease at all stages of my treatment. He is highly professional and takes time to explain everything. I have been exceptionally pleased with his work and would have no hesitation in recommending him.
Mr Jagmohan Chawla
Many thanks for your kind words.