Practices worked at
Mr (Wiliam) David Goodier is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital who specialises in trauma and complex trauma, he has also pioneered limb reconstruction using various techniques to treat non-union fractures.
Having qualified in 1985 he has been working as a lead consultant in trauma orthopaedics for 15 years, and Head of Department for 3 of those years. He has unparalleled experience of the management of severely injured patients and his experience led to an interest in the management of 'problem fractures' including non-unions, post-traumatic deformity and shortening, and infected fractures.
He regularly lectures throughout the UK and holds an interest in the overall management of trauma, extending this interest to sports injuries which he sees high level athletes for the knee, foot and ankle problems. He has extensive experience performing arthroscopic and ligament surgery on both the knee and ankle joint as well as other lower limb and foot surgery.
He has published in the medical literature on external fixators (Ilizarov and Taylor Spatial Frames), The Precice Limb Lengthening Nail and other limb reconstruction techniques. He is current president of the British Limb Reconstruction Society, a subgroup of the British Orthopaedic Association for super-specialists in complex limb reconstruction techniques.
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Meniscal Repair
- Knee Ligament Repair
- External Fixation Devices
- Precice Nail, Stryde Nail
- Ilizarov, Taylor Spatial Frames
- Sports injuries
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Non-unions joint instabilities
- Bone infection
- Limb reconstruction
- Knee pain
- Foot and Ankle Conditions
- MB BS 1985 University of London
- FRCS(Orth) 1996
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, The Royal London Hospital 1996 to 2011
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital 2012 to present
- Member of Executive Council, The British Limb Reconstruction Society 2010 to present
- President, The British Limb Reconstruction Society 2018 - 2020
- Member, The British Trauma Society
- Member, The British Orthopaedic Association
- Member, The British Medical Association