Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
- Dr O'Reilly offers 'face to face' appointments for new and follow up patients. These are available at the Spire Lea hospital in Cambridge and the BMI hospitals in Bury St Edmunds and Bedford.
- All appointments, new and old, are booked at 1 hour intervals so there is plenty of time for assemment and then explanation of findings.
- Enquires about appointments can be emailed to Dr D O’Reilly directly via the contact page at RheumatologyUK.com or at email@example.com
Dr David O’Reilly is a Rheumatologist with over 25 years years experience.
He completed his trained at the University of Cambridge in 1980 and practised as a Consultant in Rheumatology at the West Suffolk Hospital until July 2019. This included 10yrs as a Consultant Physician in Emergency Medicine. He is registered by the GMC as a specialist in Rheumatology and General (internal) Medicine: GMC number 2672661.
Dr O’Reilly has long experience in the wide range of Rheumatology problems. His special expertise is early diagnosis and treatment of inflammation based arthritis eg rheumatoid, psoriatic and reactive arthritis. For patients with difficult disease he has over 15 years' experience in the use of the 'biological' treatments for arthritis conditions. His clinics are held weekly in Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds and Bedford.
The Dexa scanning service he leads reports over 1500 patient scans per year, almost all of these for the local NHS but private scans can be requested at www.dexascanner.co.uk
Dr O’Reilly was also an investigator in national and international studies in Rheumatoid, Psoriatic and Osteoarthritis. In 2016 he was awarded the title of "Distinguished Member" by the British Society for Rheumatology in recognition of his work in the specialty. He is a member of the Trial Steering Committee of the STRAP Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis (https://www.nras.org.uk/strap-trial).
His clinic appointments are all booked at 60 minute intervals to give plenty of time for assessment and explanation. He is happy to be contacted by his patients directly by email or mobile phone for advice and to discuss care.
In Rheumatology good results require a close working relationship between specialists and patient. To see how seriously he takes this relationship see feedback from patients and colleagues on the "Reviews" page at RheumatologyUK.com.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Joint injection
- Shoulder injection
- Bursitis injection
- Knee injection
- Lupus / SLE
- Joint pain
- Shoulder pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Dexa scanning
- Back Pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Neck pain
- Muscle pain
- Joint Injection
- Soft Tissue Injection
- Video Consultation
- Back Pain
- Joint Pain
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Knee Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Shoulder Pain
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Golfer’s Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Neck Pain
- Reactive Arthritis
- Sjögren’s Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Cambridge University School of Medicine at Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Medicine in Nottingham and Rheumatology in Manchester
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Rheumatology: made "Distinguished Member” in 2016 for work in the speciality
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
- National Osteoporosis Society
I have known Dr. O'Reilly for many years and have always been impressed by his depth of knowledge and commitment to high-quality patient care. He is the recipient of a BSR award, acknowledging his clinical excellence. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to patients looking for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis, or any form of inflammatory/soft tissue rheumatic disease.