Jeremy Antscherl is a Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. Dually qualified in both Medicine and Dentistry, he is a fellow of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons in England and Edinburgh.
On a personal level, Jeremy is married with two children and is a committed environmentalist who loves tending his allotment. A keen cyclist, Jeremy he enjoys competing in races in the UK and France.
Following the Haiti earthquake in 2010, Jeremy took part in a charity relief mission as the only oral and maxillofacial surgeon in the emergency field hospital.
Qualifying in dentistry at The Royal London Hospital in 1994 and in medicine at Birmingham University in 2001, as an undergraduate he undertook periods of elective training in both Israel and the USA.
Jeremy completed his specialist training at Barts & The Royal London Hospital, where he was privileged to work in one of the premier facial trauma units in the UK. Gaining his FDS from the RCS England in 1998 and his FRCS (OMFS) in 2009 he was placed on the specialist register in 2010.
In addition to his NHS consultancy at The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Jeremy has run his Private Practice since 2010 and sees patients for treatment of :-
- Wisdom and other complex tooth or root extractions
- Excision of cysts of the teeth and jaws.
- Excision and reconstruction of both cancer and non- cancer lesions to the face (such as moles, sebaceous cysts and skin tags).
- Oral surgery treatments to include conditions such as lichen planus, burning mouth and oral ulceration.
- Excision and biopsy of "lumps & bumps" to the oral cavity, lips and tongue (such as polyps and mucoceles).
- Primary and Revision Facial Trauma (such as fracture management, removal of surgical plates and scar revision).
The practice is fee assured and has direct billing agreements in place with all major medical insurers and is able to offer competitive fees to self-funding patients.
We take a friendly, open approach, where both patients and referrers are welcome to informally contact us to discuss how the practice can help.
Please contact Diane, the practice manager on 07590 406700.