Mr Mustafa Hilmy is a Consultant Urological Surgeon currently working in the private sector in York. Within the field of Urology, he has a particular interest in reconstructive and functional urology. He is the Lead for the Urology department for the urinary incontinence (UTI) service and regularly liaises with the urogynaecologist.
He graduated in Medicine in 1992 from the University of Mosul and completed specialist postgraduate training. He has also undertaken fellowships with the Royal College of Surgeons and holds a membership with the British Association of Urological Surgeons and the British Medical Association.
In his private practices, he offers the treatments incontinence management including investigations into urodynamics, video urodynamics and cystoscopy. Furthermore, he offers pelvic floor exercises, bladder retraining and tibial nerve stimulation. Mr Hilmy also offers a full assessment of bladder and prostate symptoms in men and performs prostate resection TURP. He manages painful bladder syndrome and recurrent bladder infections (cystitis and UTIs) and treats this using bladder installation.
Apart from UTI surgery, he has a good understanding of Andrology including erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, Peyronie’s disease and low testosterone levels. Mr Hilmy also treats scrotal swelling, performs circumcision and vasectomy.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Bladder Instillation
- Vasectomy (Male Sterilization)
- Overactive Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder Pain
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Blood in Urine (Haematuria)
- FRCS (Urol) Intercollegiate Specialty Board, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2010
- Doctor of Medicine MD Glasgow University, 2007
- FRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1999
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Medical & Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- British Medical Association