Mr Amir Hamid was Awarded the Top Rated Doctor Prize by Doctify in April 2018 & 2019
Mr. Amir Hamid is a highly experienced refractive surgeon, having performed over 7000 cataract and laser refractive surgeries. He was appointed as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the North East London NHS Treatment Centre in 2011 with a special interest in cataract surgery, corneal transplantation and the correction of presbyopia but now works exclusively in Independent Practice in the Harley Street area of London.
He has received the Certification in Laser Refractive Surgery by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (CertLRS). He is exceptionally skilled in the use of SMILE, LASIK and LASEK treatments as well as the most advanced Multifocal intraocular lenses and is also certified in the use of the Artisan Iris Clip lens and the Staar Visian ICL, in order to serve patients unsuitable for laser therapy. Aiming to provide the best medical care possible, he has completed a Corneal and Anterior Segment Fellowship that allowed him to extensively practice his skills in the particular domain.
Mr Hamid is a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) in the fields of laser eye surgery, presbyopia correcting intraocular lenses, lens replacement surgery in post laser eye surgery and intraocular lens power measurements.
In addition he is a highly acclaimed clinical investigator, always at the forefront of new refractive treatments and technologies. He regularly presents his published scientific articles and papers at Cataract and Surgery Conferences in the UK, Europe and US and is a manuscript reviewer for the British Medical Journal.
He gained both his Final FRCOphth and Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in 2010.
Watch Mr Hamid's BBC News Interview:
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Cataract Surgery
- Complex Cataract Surgery
- Cataract Surgery following Laser Refractive surgery (LASIK/LASEK?PRK)
- Premium Intraocular lens surgery including Multifocal and Toric Intraocular Lenses
- Refractive cataract surgery
- Microincision cataract surgery
- Cataract removal
- Cataract surgery with premium lenses
- Corneal transplantation
- Anterior segment and small incision cataract surgery
- Laser refractive surgery: SMILE 3rd Generation Laser Eye Surgery, Presbyond Laser Blended Vision, LASIK, & LASEK
- Intraocular refractive surgery: Multifocal Intraocular lenses
- Staar Visian ICL and Artisan Iris Clip lens
- AMD Lens Implants (The Scharioth Macula Lens)
- Chalazion surgery
- Corneal transplantation
- Cataract surgery
- Treatment of presbyopia
- AMD Lens Implants
- BMedSci University of Nottingham 1996
- BMBS University of Nottingham 1999
- MRCOphth Manchester Royal Eye Hospital 2004
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2010
- CertLRS Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2012
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member at Abbot Medical Optics
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member Alcon Surgical
Mr. Amir Hamid is a highly experienced refractive surgeon, specialising in Cataract, Corneal Disease, Laser Eye Surgery, Refractive Lens Exchange.
I can give no higher recommendation for my colleague Mr Amir Hamid than to have asked him to perform same day bilateral Refractive Lens Exchange on my own mother. Having worked with Amir for 4 years I have come to admire and respect his as one of London's elite refractive surgeons. He sets the benchmark for Optegra with his outstanding outcomes and ever high patient satisfaction.