Miss Tina Rashid is a fellowship trained reconstructive urological surgeon. She completed her postgraduate training as a urologist on the prestigious London training rotation and she has worked at hospitals including University College London Hospital and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
She passed her FRCS Urology exams in 2012 and was awarded the Keith Yates Medal (given to the top student in the country).
She was appointed in 2013 at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, she undertook fellowships in female and reconstructive surgery at Leicester General Hospital and Leuven University Hospital in Belgium.
She is involved in research, being the Principle Investigator in multiple National Institute of Health Research trials. She also co-ordinates teaching for all Higher Specialty Urology trainees across London.
Miss Rashid believes in the importance of positive communication between herself and her patients and for her, empathy is a vital part of surgery.
On a personal level, Miss Rashid is married to her university sweetheart and has a young family. She enjoys cycling, travelling and gastronomy.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Flexible cystoscopy (camera in bladder)
- Urodynamics (bladder function test)
- Procedures for urine leakage as a result of coughing, laughing and after childbirth (tapes, slings, bulking agents, artificial sphincters)
- Procedures for urine leakage with urgency (Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS), nerve treatment, sacral nerve stimulation, clam cystoplasty)
- Procedures for male urine leakage after prostate surgery (male sling, adjustable sling, artificial urinary. sphincter)
- Procedures for strictures (narrowing) in the urethra
- Bladder instillations for pain or infections
- Surgery on the foreskin (circumcision) and testicles (hydrocele, epididymal cysts)
- Surgery for prostate symptoms (bladder neck incision, TURP, bipolar TURP)
- Male-to-female genital reconstruction (also known as sex reassignment surgery, gender reassignment surgery, gender-affirming surgery)
- Revision surgery after male-to-female genital reconstruction
- Urine incontinence in men and women
- Urine infections
- Haematuria (blood in urine)
- Lower urinary tract symptoms in men and women e.g. urgency, frequency, poor flow, waking in the night to pass urine, leakage, frequent infections.
- Lower urinary tract symptoms in men and women with multiple sclerosis and cauda equina
- Incontinence in men following prostate surgery
Prizes and scholarships
- European Urology Scholarship Programme, EAU 2014
- Markowitz Prize, UCLH 2013
- Keith Yates Memorial Medal and Ralph Shackman prize for FRCS(Urol), RCSEng 2012
- Scholarship in Female, Neurourology and Urodynamics, BAUS 2011
- Simpson Smith Award, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust 2011
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- British Association of Gender Identity Specialists
- Young Academic Urologists (top urology surgeons under 40)
Tina and I trained together and I currently refer complex female urology and functional cases to her at Imperial. I have always received an excellent opinion and service.