Doctors’ Guide: Using Doctify Video Consultations
It is safe to say that none of us have experienced a climate like this before. It is so important to learn and adapt to new ways of working, to stay connected with your patients and to continue to offer them the best care possible.
Patients are more anxious now than ever. They may not wish to or might be unable to travel to their hospital appointments. To support our patients, consultants and maintain great quality and continuity of care, Doctify has released a brand new feature – Doctify Video Consultations. This offers patients an alternative method of communicating with their specialists.
Below is a short step-by-step guide on how to introduce video consultations into your practice, how to be prepared and get set up.
Step 1: Opt-in for Video Consultations on Doctify
Hundreds of consultants all over the UK have had to switch to this form of consultation. Let’s embrace it, think of the positives and not let the current climate impact your practice. Let’s get started!
To register your interest in implementing this feature on your profile, opt-in now by following this link: Register for Video Consultations
Once you have opted in, we will add a badge to your profile to notify patients that you offer this online service. Patients will also be able to search by ‘Online Consultations’ on the Doctify homepage and be directed to your profile.
Don’t worry if you don’t have the necessary software to host these consultations – we’ve got you covered! All you need is a computer with a webcam.
Step 2: Access Doctify Dashboard
You will be notified with an automated email the instant a patient requests a video consultation. To access this enquiry, follow 3 simple steps:
- Visit www.doctify.co.uk and click ‘Log in’ in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter your Doctify Username & Password
- Go to the ‘Messages’ tab to find the patient details.
Step 3: The Video Consultation
- Visit https://doctify.clinecall.co.uk/
- You should have received an email from Doctify with your unique ClineCall Username and password.
- On the homepage, click on ‘Clinician’s Log-In’ and enter these details.
- Your calendar will immediately open up. Click on a preferred or free time-slot and fill in your patients’ details as well as your own contact details, as prompted. Then hit ‘Save’.
- This will trigger an automated email to the patient with details of their Appointment Time, Date and a Unique Pin number for them to access the online consultation room.
- At the time of the appointment, log in to ClineCall, click on the appointment and then select ‘Go to room’.
- Be ready for the patient at least 5 minutes prior to every appointment.
Step 4: Final Steps
Have an email template ready with key information ready to send at the end of the online appointment. It should include:
- A summary of the consultation
- Clearly agreed next steps and treatment plan
- Your contact information
You should share this call summary with every patient within 15 minutes of the consultation to minimise patient anxiety.
When both parties are ready, click ‘home’ or close the browser window to end the call.
It’s important to gauge what is going well and how you can quickly improve the service you’re providing. We highly recommend that you add your Doctify Review Link to your emails and continue to collect feedback from all your patients.
We understand that moving into a new area of online/video consultations can be challenging initially, but valuable feedback from your patients will validate and help improve the excellent care you provide.
Don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need help in setting up online video consultations, the Doctify Team are always here to help!