Practices worked at
Professor Dame Parveen Kumar qualified in Medicine in London in 1966 before specialising in gastroenterology. She is now a Professor of Medicine and Education in London, and a Consultant in Gastroenterology and a General Physician.
Prof Dame Kumar is interested in all aspects of gastroenterology, particularly in Coeliac disease, other upper and small bowel disorders, and irritable bowel syndrome among other functional bowel disorders.
She has written and edited numerous medical books and is the co-founder and co-editor of the major textbook on medicine, Kumar and Clarks Clinical Medicine 9th edition. She also teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students worldwide. She has is on many national and charitable committees, and had been awarded DBE for her services to medicine.
- FRCP (E)
- Royal Society of Medicine - former president
- British Medical Association - former president
- Royal College of Physicians - former vice president
- NICE - former non-executive director
- British Society of Gastroenterology