Professor Jameel Mohideen is a Consultant Vascular Surgeon with a special interest in endovascular surgery, varicose veins, leg ulcers, peripheral vascular disease and lymphoedema.
Professor Mohideen completed his undergraduate training in Sri Lanka and his surgical training was in Lancashire and Sussex. He went on to join the Academic Vascular Surgery Department at St. Mary’s Hospital, London and the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London. He now works at the Whiteley Clinics where he has adopted The Whiteley Protocol.
Professor Mohideen has a keen interest in teaching and he was Clinical Lecturer at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford and Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA)
- Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation
- Foam Sclerotherapy
- Keyhole Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Microsclerotherapy for Thread Veins
- Pelvic Vein Embolization
- Varicose Veins Surgery
- Video Consultation
- Varicose Veins
- Critical Leg Ischaemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot)
- Leg Ulcers
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Reno-Vascular Conditions
- Swollen Feet & Ankles
- Swollen Legs
- Thread Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- MBBS Hons, University of Sri Lanka 1977
- LRCPEdin, LRCSEdin, LRCP&SGlasg Royal Colleges of Surgeons Edinburgh and Glasgow. 1985
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1987
- MSc in Vascular Technology Imperial College, London. 1996
- FRCS (Gen. Surg.) Intercollegiate Board of Surgeons UK and Ireland. 1999
Prof Jameel ("Deen") is a very gentle and considerate surgeon, His excellent manners belie his huge experience in surgery, and more recently into venous surgery. Deen treats all of his patients with respect and care and takes plenty of time in the consultation and theatre to make sure all of his patients understand what they need to have, and then to make sure that they get the best possible result.
Professor Jameel is a very great doctor and very kind person
Very knowledgeable venous surgeon, with many years of experience in the field of varicose vein treatment.
Mohindeen is a colleague. He is a world renowned leader in the management of varicose veins. His medical practice within the clinic allows Mohindeen to practice the most up to date techniques in the management of varicose veins. Mohindeen strives to give patients the best and world leading treatments. He has a great rapport with patients and staff and is one of the easiest doctors to speak to. He is a great colleague to work with and his patients give him great reviews.