Practices worked at
Professor Branley is a lung specialist and is on the Specialist Register with the General Medical Council (GMC) as a Consultant in Respiratory Medicine providing specialist diagnosis and treatment for respiratory, chest and sleep disorders. Professor Branley has specialised in respiratory medicine for over 25 years, with more than 10 years experience as an NHS Consultant. Professor Branley typically sees patients with cough, wheeze, breathlessness and snoring. Professor Branley has expertise in a wide variety of lung diseases particularly asthma, sarcoidosis, sleep apnoea, tuberculosis (TB), pneumonia, lung cancer and pleural disease e.g. pneumothorax and pleural effusion. Professor Branley is particularly interested in seeing patients with unexplained breathlessness or cough and will work with you in a methodical manner to establish a diagnosis and formulate a personalised management plan.
Professor Branley trained in Respiratory Medicine in London teaching hospitals including The Royal Brompton, The Hammersmith, St Mary's and Charing Cross Hospitals. Professor Branley has also trained in aviation medicine at the Royal Air Force School of Aviation Medicine and he is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society.
Professor Branley has a keen interest in medical education and he is a Visiting Professor of Respiratory Medicine at the University of West London. He has been an Honorary Senior Lecturer at University College London, Imperial College London and the University of Buckingham. Professor Branley was also an Honorary NHS Consultant in Respiratory Medicine at the Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Professor Branley was revalidated by the GMC on 7th October 2021 with his next revalidation due in October 2026. Professor Branley's most recent annual Consultant Appraisal was on 29th September 2022.
ALL INSURED PATIENTS ARE BILLED WITHIN GUIDELINES SET BY INSURANCE COMPANIES.
- Lung Function / Spirometry
- CT Scan (Computerised Tomography Scan)
- Video Consultation
- Blood Testing and Results Interpretation
- Chest X-Ray
- Fitness To Fly Testing
- Allergy Blood Tests
- Exercise Advice
- Overnight Oximetry
- Sputum Tests
- Troublesome Cough
- Chest Infection
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
- Pleural Effusion
- Pulmonary Embolism (Lung Blood Clot)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Sibilant Rhonchi (Wheeze)
- Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, MBChB University of Liverpool 1992
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians, MRCP(UK) Royal College of Physicians 1996
- Certificate in General Aviation Medicine Royal Air Force & Civil Aviation Authority 1997
- Master of Science in Respiratory Medicine (Distinction), MSc Imperial College London 2001
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians, FCCP American College of Chest Physicians 2007
- Expert Witness Certificate Cardiff University Law School & Bond Solon Legal Training Consultancy 2009
- Doctor of Medicine – Respiratory Medicine, MD Imperial College London 2009
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, FRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2009
- Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society, FRAeS Royal Aeronautical Society London 2013
"Professor Branley is an excellent thorough Doctor who looks after patients very well indeed. Highly recommended "
"I find Professor Branley an excellent respiratory physician who has a thorough understanding of both general and respiratory medicine. His attention to detail means my patients really appreciate seeing him. I have no hesitation about asking him to see patients with any respiratory difficulties. "
"An excellent chest physician. Very knowledgeable in his field of expertise. He has been brilliant with both patients and colleagues. Highly recommended."
"Howard is a very experienced and knowledgable respiratory consultant. I have known him for many years both through the NHS and private practice. He offers top class patient centred care and I would wholeheartedly recommend him to my patients."