Professor Christoph A Nienaber is a consultant cardiologist and interventional cardiovascular specialist with significant experience in advanced cardiovascular care.
Professor Nienaber developed his academic career at University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, undertaking a temporary post at UCLA School of Medicine. He chaired internal medicine and cardiology at Universitätsmedizin Rostock until May 2015 when he took on his role at Royal Brompton Hospital.
Professor Nienaber is a consultant cardiologist at Royal Brompton Hospital, with his research and clinical activities focused on the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of acute and chronic aortic pathologies, such as aneurysms and aortic dissection. At the Royal Brompton he sees patients who have aortic conditions, helping patients decide on their best options and treating them accordingly.
In addition, Professor Nienaber is the co-founder of IRAD (International Registry of Aortic Dissection), which operates as a global network for acute aortic conditions. Through this, he has pioneered new endovascular techniques to treat aortic dissection and initiated and participated in guideline-changing trials.
MD PhD FESC FAHA
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- German Centre for Cardiovascular Research
- German Society of Internal Medicine
- German Society of Cardiology
- International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD)
- International Society of Endovascular Specialists.