Ms Lena Andersson is a Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon and founder of the well established Anelca Clinic on Harley Street. Ms Andersson is the Medical Director of the Anelca Clinic, alongside a team of other surgical specialists including hand and maxillofacial surgical specialists who are dedicated to improving patient’s quality of life and care through aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
She is very experienced in carrying out trauma and burn surgery, skin malignancies and breast reconstructive surgery in adults. She also specialises in Paediatrics working with children suffering acute injuries such as burns and soft tissue damage.
She qualified as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon in 1993 in Sweden at the Karolinska Institute (M.D.), Stockholm. She received her specialist training in Plastic Surgery at the renowned institutes of University Hospital Linkoeping, Sweden, at the University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland, and the USA, before being appointed as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the Royal London Hospital. At the same time, she also opened her own private practice in London.
In the Anelca Clinic, Lena also works other professionals in other areas to provide a complete care package to the patient. These specialists work within the NHS and privately and include;
- Hand Physiotherapists
- Post-Surgery Make-up Artists
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Medico Legal Services (providing medical reports and legal expert witness services for plastic surgical specialist opinions)
All areas of the body
- Skin cancer treatments (Basel Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Melanoma).
- Acute burn care treatment.
- Repair of damage resulting from cancer, accidents and burns. This can include lacerations, scar corrections, skin grafting, flap surgery, microsurgery, hand surgery, nerve reconstruction an use of cultivated skin cells.
- Treatment of vessel-deformaties (hemangioma, lymphoma).Removal of birthmarks, moles, skin tumours, warts, excessive sweat glands and tattoos.
Facial and neck areas
- Rejuvenation surgery to face, neck, forehead and eyebrows, e.g. lifts, tucks, blepharoplasty, fatgrafting, skin peels and injection of cultivated skin cells.
- Rhinoplasty and reconstruction of the nose.
- Treatment of acne scarring.
- Lip enhancements/reductions.
- Correction of protruding ears and other ear deformities.
- Reconstruction of facial nerve paralysis.
Breast and chest areas
- Reductions, enlargements and lifts of the breasts (incl. surgery for male breast reduction).
- Breast reconstruction, correction of breast deformities incl. Poland Syndrome and tubular breasts.
- Correction of deformities to the nipples.
- Reconstruction of the chest wall.
Areas of the abdomen, hips, thighs, calves arms and genital regions
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Thigh and arm lift/tucks.
- Reconstruction of the abdominal wall.
- Fatremoval/transfer (liposuction/liposculpture) to abdomen,hips, thighs, calves and arms.
- Genital reconstructions (local flaps and anatomical corrections).
Non-surgically invasive treatments
- Intradermal fillers.
- Chemical skin peels.
- Thread vein removal: thermo-coagulation or schlerotherapy.
Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery