Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Mrs. Lorraine Grover is a London-based Psychosexual Nurse Specialist. Her area of specialty is treating sexuality and sexual function with particular expeertise in men diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments:
- Treatment options including intracavernosal (penile) injections and teaching the use of vacuum constriction devices.
- Sex therapy
- Behavioural Techniques
- Erectile Dysfunction, low desire, diminished arousal, premature ejaculation
- Prostate Cancer and penile rehabilitation/restoration involving Recovery and Discovery.
- Vaginismus, female orgasmic, arousal disorder
- Diabetes, colorectal and cardiac disease and the impact on sexuality and sexual issues.
Mrs Grover qualified in 1984 from St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London, where she also worked as a Registered Nurse for several years. Her interest in sexual health and wellbeing was sparked in 1994 when she established a nurse-led erectile dysfunction clinic at St. George's Hospital, London. She obtined a diploma as a Psychosexual Therapist in 2003 following training with Relate. Due to her dual training, she is able to manage and treat sexual difficulties brought on by ill health as they often have a physical and psychological element.
Mrs. Grover has been a member of a number of advisory boards for the development of erectile dysfunction therapies and the management of the condition. She created "The Erection Connection" information package for patients after receiving a Developing Practice Award from the Queen's Nursing Institute. For a number of years, she served as a national adviser for Prostate Cancer UK and responded to questions in the "Ask an Expert" forum on the Macmillan Online Community regarding cancer and sexual dysfunction in men. She frequently gives talks both nationally and abroad.
- RGN St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London 1984
- Dip PST Relate 2003
- BSSM (British Society of Sexual Medicine)
- ISSM (International Society of Sexual Medicine)
- COSRT (College of Sex and Relationship Therapists)
"I have worked with Lorraine for many years and her expertise and knowledge is superb. Lorraine sees my cancer patients before and after treatment and has fantastic results with her holistic, bespoke approach. Patients tell me she is professional but approachable and they enjoy their sessions and importantly get expert advice and excellent outcomes. "