Practices worked at
Mr Simon Middleton is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon and Chairman of the Colorectal Cancer Multidisciplinary Team at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Mr Middleton completed his undergraduate training at the University of Liverpool and his general surgical training was in the South Thames region. He later sub-specialised in colorectal surgery and completed a Master of Surgery at St Mark’s Hospital, Harrow.
Mr Middleton is the Medical Director of the British Haemorrhoid Association and he introduced the haemorrhoidal artery ligation operation (HALO) to the UK.
Mr Middleton has an interest in research and education and he has published in numerous journals, books and newspapers. He also teaches medical students and is an examiner at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He also trains surgeons overseas.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Haemorrhoids removal
- Hernia surgery
- Laparoscopy investigation and treatment
- Gatrointestinal surgery
- Minimal access surgery
- Inflammatory bowel disease treatment
- Minimally invasive (keyhole) treatment of bowel cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Bowel incontinence
- Gall bladder disease (gallstones)
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Bowel Diversion Surgery
- Bowel Surgery (Colectomy)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fistula
- Bowel Obstruction
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Rectal Cancer