Practices worked at
Mr Simon Mellor qualified in 1992 from Manchester University Medical School.
Simon has worked in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery since 1996. In 2003-4, he undertook an Orthopaedic Fellowship in Melbourne Australia, specialising in hip and knee surgery. He is a member of the British Orthopaedic Association, the British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK) and The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
Mr Mellor has gained experience in computer navigation for knee replacement surgery. He also has an interest in accelerated rehabilitation after joint replacement surgery. He has gained specialist experience in custom knee replacements and patient-specific knee replacements. He routinely performs Anterior Approach Muscle-sparing ("mini") hip replacement.
Anterior approach Muscle-sparing Hip replacement
Steroid injections, visco-supplement injections, PRP injections
- Hip replacements including hip resurfacing and anterior approach muscle-sparing hip replacement
- Revision hip replacements, Knee arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery including meniscal repair techniques and cartilage repair
- Ligament reconstruction surgery (including anterior cruciate and posterior cruciate reconstructions)
- Surgery for patello-femoral disease, including patellar dislocation
- Re-alignment osteotomies, partial and total knee replacements and revision knee replacements
Mr Simon Mellor
Many thanks for your kind words.
Mr Mellor is an expert knee and hip surgeon with a special interest in soft tissue knee surgery and anterior approach hip replacements. He is always diligent and thorough with his patients and well known for his “by the book” operative results and persistence on evidence based medicine. I would trust him for any hip or knee issue.
Mr Mellor is an is an excellent surgeon and a great colleague. We have worked on mutual patients in the past and I would highly recommend him.
I have know Simon for more than 10 years. Simon and I are part of a team that work well together. We have regular meetings with our other Hip and Knee Surgical colleagues to discuss complex hip and knee problem cases.