Mr Simon Jordan received his MD from Imperial College London for his research which investigated the inflammatory response of the lung in response to major chest surgery.
He trained in general thoracic surgery at Royal Brompton Hospital, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital and the London Chest Hospital. He has also spent time training in Belfast, Bristol and Leeds.
Mr Jordan was appointed consultant thoracic surgeon at the Trust in 2006 and is chair of the cancer team at Royal Brompton Hospital.
- Single port VATS lung resection for lung cancer
- Adult and paediatric thoracic surgery
- Surgery for primary lung cancer, including single port video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) lobectomy and anatomical segmentectomy
- Tracheobronchial (airway) surgery
- Primary and metastatic chest sarcoma
- Lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema (COPD)
- Airway stenting