Mr Jennings is one of the most experienced surgeons in Europe using the NAVIO robotic system for partial and total knee replacement. He is the lead for Enhanced Recovery after Joint Replacement at the North West London University Hospitals NHS Trust, where the average length of stay is regarded as the best in the region. He has over 20 years experience in knee and hip surgery and will give a personal tailored service to suit your needs and expectations.
On account of his training and experience, he is a leader in the field of knee and hip surgery and he often provides a service for treating patients referred by other orthopaedic surgeon colleagues, particularly in complex primary and revision surgeries.
He will explore all modalities of treatment and select a path to recovery that is tailored to the patient's needs, aiming to return the patient to full function as soon as possible. In order to achieve this, Mr Jennings uses state of the art techniques to improve accuracy and outcomes.
Mr Jennings has always had an interest in sport and sports injuries. Throughout his career as a doctor, he has worked for elite athletes in Rugby Union (Harlequins), Rugby League and the Great Britain Judo Team.
In addition, he is interested in research and involved in the teaching of visiting surgeons from the UK and Europe and specialist registrars in orthopaedics.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Robotic Assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Total Knee Replacement
- Leading surgeon in Europe using the NAVIO robotic system for knee replacement
- Knee surgery - arthroscopic surgery, ligament reconstruction surgery (ACL), joint replacement and revision joint replacement surgery
- Hip surgery - arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement and revision joint replacement surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Sports injuries
- ACL Reconstruction
- Custom-Made Knee Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Replacement
- Joint Injection
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Ligament Repair
- Knee Replacement
- MRI Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging scan)
- Meniscal Repair
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patella Realignment
- Patellofemoral Joint Replacement
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction
- Tendon Repair
- Tibial Tubercle Transfer
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Injury
- Arthritis (Hip)
- Arthritis (Knee)
- Avascular Necrosis (AVN) of the Hip
- Fracture (Broken Bone)
- Hip Dysplasia
- Knee Cyst
- Knee Pain
- Labral Tear
- Patella (Kneecap) Dislocation
- Posterolateral Corner Injury
- Sports Injuries
- The Young Hip
- The Young Knee
- Torn Meniscus (Cartilage)
Primary Medical Qualification
MB BS (1992) University of London
Royal College of Surgeons of England
British Orthopaedic Association
British Association for Surgery of the Knee
British Association of Sports and Exercise Medicine
British Medical Association
"he is a famous and wonderful hip surgeon and provides great care to the patients"
"Huge experience of complex hip and knee surgery. Hip arthroscopy. Robotic knee surgery"
"Simon is a trusted colleague and experienced hip and knee surgeon. I am more than happy to recommend patients with lower limb problems to him."
"Simon is one of London's top hip and knee surgeons. He is a trusted colleague, and I regularly discuss challenging cases with him."