Mr Shamsi El Hasani qualified as a consultant general surgeon in 1979. He currently works at his private practice located in both London and Kent. Mr El-Hasani has extensive experience and specialisation in gastroesophageal reflux, gall bladder, hernia, upper gastrointestinal, and weight loss surgery.
Mr El-Hasani specialises in laparoscopic/ keyhole approach with a long history of structured training in the technique. He has performed over 11,000 gastroscopies, 4100 laparoscopic cholecystectomies, 4200 laparoscopic repairs of inguinal hernias, and 700 laparoscopic surgical procedures for gastro-oesophageal reflux. Additionally, he has also performed more than 6000 weight loss surgeries ranging from Gastric Bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, Gastric band, gastric balloon, and different types of revisional procedures. Moreover, he also has clinical experience in the management of abdominal pain, iron-deficiency anaemia, and Chron’s disease. He also has a very extensive publication history in which he has published 105 articles in well-recognised journals.
- Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Hernia Repair (Keyhole)
- Gastric Bypass
- Open Hernia Repair
- Gastric Sleeve
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Acid Reflux Surgery
- Weight Loss/Bariatric Surgery
- Achalasia Surgery
- Endoscopy (OGD)
- Enteral Feeding
- Gastric Balloon
- Gastric Banding
- Lipoma Removal
- Non-Surgical Weight Management
- Skin Lesion Removal (Warts, Moles and Skin Tags)
- Skin Lesion Treatments
- Video Consultation
- Weight Loss Programme
- Inguinal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Femoral Hernia
- Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD)
- Hiatus Hernia
- Barrett's Oesophagus
- Dyspepsia (Indigestion)
- Gastric (Stomach) Ulcers
- Heart Burn
- Oesophageal Spasm
- Pyloric Stenosis
- Stomach Cancer
- Swollen Stomach
- Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions (Oesophagus & Stomach)
- Weight Gain
- Weight Loss
- PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of the British Medical Association.
- Member of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Member of the Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Member of the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
- of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Member of the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgical Society ( BOMSS)
- Member of International Federation of Surgery for Obesity ( IFSO )
- Certificate of the Arab Board of Surgery
- FRCS England
- FRCS Edinburgh
- FRCS General
- Intercollegiate Board in General Surgery
"General, bariatric, gall bladder and hernia surgery"
"Mr El Hasani is a highly respected and highly skilled upper GI, bariatric and laparoscopic surgeon. I have had the pleasure of knowing him as a colleague and also as his patient. He has a very kind and understanding approach towards patient care and is very well known in the region for his excellent clinical outcomes. I would very much recommend him to all patients, family and friends."
"Experienced surgeon and excellent colleague. One of few bariatric surgeons to offer a full and comprehensive service including all bariatric procedures."