Practices worked at
Mr Shahzad Raja is a consultant cardiac surgeon at Harefield Hospital, where he treats private and NHS patients.
He qualified in medicine at King Edward Medical University in 1996. He then came to the UK to train in cardiothoracic surgery at Glasgow University Hospitals and Harefield Hospital. His sub-speciality interest was myocardial revascularisation and aortovascular surgery.
In 2012, he was appointed as a consultant cardiac surgeon at Harefield Hospital.
Mr Shahzad Raja is a general adult cardiac surgeon. He has specialist expertise in surgical myocardial revascularisation, aortic valve and aortovascular surgery.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting – both conventional and off-pump methods
- Total arterial myocardial revascularisation
- Bilateral internal mammary artery grafting
- Use of endoscopic vein harvesting
- Aortic valve replacement – both minimal access and sutureless (without stitches) methods
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- Combined aortic valve surgery and coronary artery bypass grafting
- Benefits of arterial myocardial revascularisation
- Benefits of off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting
- Strategies to improve outcomes following surgical myocardial revascularisation
- Strategies to improve universal adoption of bilateral internal mammary artery grafting
Mr Raja is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons.
He is also a member of:
- Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland (SCTS),
- British Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American Heart Association
- International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery (ISMICS)