Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Mr. Anand works in the specialist knee and hip unit at the Leeds Teaching hospitals NHS trust. Besides his very active NHS practice, he also practices at Nuffield hospital and Spire hospital in Leeds. As a surgeon practicing at a tertiary referral centre, a major part of his practice involves managing complex problems referred from colleagues and neighbouring hospitals.
Mr. Anand has special interest in treating all aspects of knee problems from sporting injuries to the arthritic knees. He is a recognised expert in treating Anterior Cruciate ligament injuries and led a working group which wrote national guidelines on ACL reconstruction (https://www.boa.ac.uk/resources/best-practice-book-for-management-of-anterior-cruciate-ligament-injuries.html). He has extensive experience in dealing with complex knee injuries, requiring reconstruction of multiple injured structures in the knee joint. His surgical approach is to preserve joint surface and meniscus to maximise function. He was part of the group which developed national guidelines for arthroscopic knee surgery. He is the only surgeon in Leeds who regularly treats paediatric knee problems both in the NHS and in private sector. If an arthritic joint cannot be preserved, he offers a range of knee replacement options using latest techniques including robotic surgery.
He holds weekly acute knee injury clinics at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital, Spire Leeds Hospital and within the NHS to ensure prompt and optimum treatment for often missed injuries.
He also has extensive experience in hip arthoscopic surgery, to deal with selected groin pain conditions and trochanteric bursitis.
Mr. Anand trained in Orthopaedics in London, Manchester and Leeds. Upon completion of his UK orthopaedic training, he undertook Specialist Surgical Fellowship training in arthroplasty and sports injuries in Australia. He is a trainer for arthroscopy skills and regularly conducts workshops for orthopaedic trainees. He is a founder member and Academic chair for International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty (ISKSAA) and is editor-in-chief of Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery.
Mr. Anand is regularly invited to present his research work at various national and international meetings. He has published widely on various knee and hip topics and contributed with chapters in books.
Mr Anand is an active member of JointMotion team. In keeping with JointMotion ethos, he believes in empowering patients with detailed information about their condition. He aims to deliver exceptional quality patient-centred care to achieve the best outcome for his patients.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Paediatric knee surgery
- Cartilage surgery
- Meniscus preservations
- Complex reconstructions of the knee joint
- Overuse injuries
- Sports injuries
- Treatment of meniscal injury including repair
- Augmentation and meniscal transplant
- Cartilage injuries in the knee
- Cartilage restoration and regeneration surgery
- Patella stabilisation surgery
- Treatment of young adult knee osteoarthritis
- Knee re-alignment osteotomy
- Treatment of knee instability
- Complex multi-ligament knee reconstruction
- Knee replacement surgery
- Treatment for trochanteric bursitis
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Sports injuries of hip and knee
- Paediatric orthopaedic surgery for knees (from age five upwards)
- Knee Ligament Repair
- Adolescent Hip Preservation
- Knee Replacement
- Meniscal Repair
- Postoperative Rehabilitation
- Tibial Tubercle Transfer
- ACL Reconstruction
- Bone Marrow Tests & Biopsies
- Cartilage Surgery (Knee)
- Chondral Grafting
- Custom-Made Knee Replacement
- Joint Injection
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Injections (including Steroid, Hyaluronic acid, PRP and nStride)
- Knee Preservation Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
- Multiligament Reconstruction
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patella Realignment
- Patellofemoral Joint Replacement
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction
- Revision Surgery
- Steroid Injection
- Tendon Repair
- Total Knee Replacement
- Video Consultation
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Injury
- Children’s Joint Problems
- Knee Cyst
- Torn Meniscus (Cartilage)
- Arthritis (Knee)
- Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Fracture (Broken Bone)
- Knee Pain
- Paediatric (Pediatric) Fractures
- Patella (Kneecap) Dislocation
- Posterolateral Corner Injury
- Sports Injuries
- Stress Fractures
- The Young Knee
- Diploma Sports and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine 2006
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons 2006
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland 2000
- MBBS University of Delhi 1993
- MS Orthopaedics University of Delhi 1996
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education Newcastle University 2012
- British Orthopaedics Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Medical Defence Union
- British Sports Trauma Association
- British Patellofemoral Society
Sanjeev is a fabulous colleague and an excellent surgeon. He is well liked and highly respected. Sanjeev is dedicated to providing exemplary levels of care and I would have no hesitation in recommending Sanjeev to future patients.
Sanjeev is an outstanding colleague and surgeon. He is unique in that he regularly treats adults AND children with complex knee issues. He has a busy practice in a tertiary referral unit which makes him a sound choice for any knee issues.
Sanjeev is a great arthroscopic surgeon. He is very thorough and caring. I will often send patients requiring ACL reconstruction to him from Leeds Nuffield. Thanks for looking after them so well.
Mr Anand is a very experienced knee surgeon who is respected by his peers. He has expertise in complex soft tissue knee injury and as a result attracts referrals from across the region.